If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Stream Issues

bspiller82bspiller82 Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Why is it that Plex is limited in bandwidth on XboxOne S? I was watching a 1080p movie on my Roku Ultra 4K and I set it to 12mbps 1080p with no stream issues and the same movie on XboxOne S gets only 5.11mbps 1080p and stutters/skips/buffers.

Answers

• jmckeejmckee Posts: 4,970Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

We would need more information (Such as the server logs, media information, playback information). On my Xbox One S I have been able to stream full bluray rips at around 36Mbps video bitrate without issue and routinely playback my 10-12Mbps converted files so there shouldn't be any hard limit in the app anywhere near 5.11mbps, but rather could be something else making it seem that way.