If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Is it possible to set a video quality level?

kev1n7.1kev1n7.1 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is it possible to set a video quality level that is always used when casting video to a chromecast. I always have to choose 720p - 4 mbps to have the video not buffer. Would rather if possible set my server-chrome cast-android app, up so that 720p value is default. My kids can cast but are too young to explain this next step to. I have optimised their library for tv but it makes no difference in this case. So having it just work every time this way would be desirable for me.

Thanks

Kev.

Answers

• kev1n7.1kev1n7.1 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is the answer to this question that I would have to either optimise all my videos or encoded them at 4mbps 720p or live with selecting the quality every time I watch a video via the chromecast?

I had a look at the profile and didn't see anything I thought would make a difference (not that I really know what I am doing)

• kev1n7.1kev1n7.1 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi I know there are loads of posts about buffering issues with chromecast, but I didn't see an answer to my specific question . I know the quality setting to choose to make my videos just play without buffering. I know on the various plex apps that you can set a default quality to play at. I was just hoping you could do something similar when casting to chrome cast specifically. Can any advise , yes or no, you can or can't?