If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can we discuss this - is there a way to improve those results?

elperplexoelperplexo Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

looks like the xbox one turns out to be the worst client for Plex :/

will that change in a near future or should I consider buying another device for this purpose?

thanks for your honest answer, at the moment i started using VLC as it's more compatible without delay or complicated subtitles management

Answers

• mbarylskimbarylski Posts: 356Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Buy another device. We were told a year ago that updates would be quicker after the last major update to the app. Here we all are...still waiting a year later and no idea when the next update is coming. Maybe it'll be tomorrow, or next week, or in several more months...no one knows except for Plex and they aren't willing to even give us a hint of when it will arrive.

• TheCli3ntTheCli3nt Posts: 65Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 3

IMHO, this "review" is based on aesthetics.

I have used all of the devices in this review except the Intel NUC & Shield, and have settled with my Xbone (followed by the Roku's in other areas of the house). No matter what codec/container a video sitting on my PMS is, the Xbone has been able to direct play it. I have never had a video transcode while playing on my Xbone.

My personal choices for "best Plex media devices" are:

1. Xbone
    2. Roku 4
    3. Roku Express/Express+
    4. Windows 10 Plex app
    5. PlayStation 4
    6. Roku Stick
    7. PlayStation 3
    8. Amazon Fire
    9. Chrome web browser
    10. Xbox 360

Jay "The Cli3nt" Bishop
    Father, Geek, Gamer, Bleeder
    Blogger
    TheCli3nt.com
    jay@thecli3nt.com

Plex Media Server:

Hardware:
    * Server 1:
    -- Intel Core i5-4590 CPU @ 3.30GHz × 4, 4GB DDR3, Root: 500GB, Media: 21.5TB OS: Ubuntu 16.04.1 64-bit

• Server 2:
      -- AMD FX-8320 @ 3.5GHz × 8, 16GB DDR3, Root: 1TB, Media: 12.6TB, OS: Ubuntu 17.04 64-bit

Clients:
    -- PlayStation 3 & 4
    -- Xbox 360 & One
    -- Roku Stick, Express+, 3 and Premiere
    -- Windows 10 PC (Windows 10 Plex app and Chrome web browser)
    -- Android Tablets & Phones

• elperplexoelperplexo Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Kinda hope something will happen in terms of update as well :/

the thing is:

• my NAS is not the brightest of the batch. and I'm watching loads of movies with subtitles, which ask the server to transcode the data and add buffering for content higher than 720P (sometime 1080P is ok, sometime not - I will not even start about H265), but i'm not taking the chance anymore :/

anyway, thanks for those answers which are kindy opposite ahaha

• tmalinentmalinen Posts: 12Members Plex Pass

@TheCli3nt said:
    IMHO, this "review" is based on aesthetics.

That's ridiculous. Xbox app is really slow to navigate, clunky, lacks folder view and a plethora of other features. Even the Plex app on my Samsung TV is faster and more pleasant to use, supports soft subtitles, loads faster -- it does everything better except for extremely high bitrate movies, which the Xbox handles fine.

But the Smart TV apps are okay at best. Pit Xbox against any even half decent client and it will lose.

My personal choices for "best Plex media devices" are:

1. Xbone

Lol. I'm pretty sure you've never used any other client.