Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No Server Found. Why is this app so frustrating and buggy?!?!

snack machinesnack machine Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Constantly having issues using Plex with my XboxOne. Keep getting "No Server Found" or "unable to locate servers."
Now it is not working at all and I've uninstalled and the reinstalled Plex on both platforms several times.
Searched forums and web for solutions. All of them seem complicated and None of the ones I've tried have be helpful.

Answers

• Gdr56Gdr56 Posts: 1,593Members ✭✭✭✭

@snack machine said:
    Constantly having issues using Plex with my XboxOne. Keep getting "No Server Found" or "unable to locate servers."
    Now it is not working at all and I've uninstalled and the reinstalled Plex on both platforms several times.
    Searched forums and web for solutions. All of them seem complicated and None of the ones I've tried have be helpful.

Have you tried changing Secure Network setting in PMS, to say "Disabled" or "Preferred".

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• umiq88umiq88 Posts: 136Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Do a search on DNS rebinding.

• Gdr56Gdr56 Posts: 1,593Members ✭✭✭✭

You may find a explanation in the following support article

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/206225077-How-to-Use-Secure-Server-Connections

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• snack machinesnack machine Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I think it's my new router, Arris Surfboard SB 6190.
    I went to link above but can't figure how to manually try making any of the changes mentioned in the link above via NETGEAR genie.