Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Nighthawk x10 - Can't Play Movie Trailers on Samsung TV

yamommayamomma Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I'm a XMBC user trying to convert to Plex since most my TV's have a Plex app. The Samsung TV Plex app is great and does everything wonderfully with the exception of playing trailers.

I found post...

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1331055/#Comment_1331055

and attempted to do the following...

Download the old profile (attachment below)
Find the folder that has the file (normally in Plex\Plex Media Server\Resources\Profiles)
Backup the original , so you can go back if needed.
Replace the file Samsung.xml with the download.
Stop and Start your server so it will use the updated profile.

However Plex is running on a Nighthawk x10 which doesn't have a resources\profiles folder inside of the Plex Media Server folder.

I even tried to create the appropriate directory and added the Samsung.xml file to no avail. Trailers work fine on my Xbox One, tablets, computers and cell phones I'm only having an issue with two Samsung TV's.

Setup:
Nighthawk x10 Plex version: 1.5.6.3790-4613ce077 May 09, 2017
TV: Samsung UN75H7150AF
App Version: 2.008

Error: Your model does not support the audio codec.....

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 7,267 Plex Ninja

I have no knowledge of a Nighthawk x10, but if it's anything like a Synology, you will need to log on to the system as root with a terminal session. I use a program called WinSCP to do that.
    You will not see that folder otherwise.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• yamommayamomma Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I tried WinSCP but it connects as a FTP Client and doesn't show any additional folders. I opened a terminal session as well but can't do anything. I receive an error on every command i enter besides "help". Help gives me a list of available commands but none of them work.

• yamommayamomma Members, Plex Pass Posts: 3 Plex Pass

I've tried everything know to man, I don't have SSH access and can't access the router as root. I can only see files installed on my USB drive which doesn't contain any profiles. I'll start the good fight on Netgear's support site since they seem to control the profile files within the routers internal storage.