If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sync Stops on Screen Lock

mchernismchernis Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
in iOS

I'm using the Plex app on an iPad Pro with iOS 10.3. Things work well EXCEPT the sync content process stops when the iPad screen automatically locks. You need to either disable the Screen Lock altogether in IOS settings OR keep touching the screen to keep the device from locking. Is this intended behavior? Given that content syncs take some time, it would be nice if you could set it going and not have to worry it.

Seems like there should be some way to keep the device from locking until the sync process is complete. They clearly know how to do this -- they keep it from locking when you are watching content.

Tagged:

Answers

• bobackboback Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have this same problem

• spartikusIIspartikusII Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem - also have to only sync 1 item at a time else the iOS app drops it's connection with the PMS

• bobackboback Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Part of the reason I paid for a Plex Membership is this feature, and it's not functional at all. All uploads stop with the lock screen and background refresh is on for Plex in the iOS settings.

• spartikusIIspartikusII Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For clarification - Issue is on iPad (Mini 3) only (iPhone is fine with the same PMS / iOS app version)