If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to hide libraries

CoxeroniCoxeroni Posts: 613Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is there a qay to hide certain libraries in rasplex? The reason for this since I switched to running PMS on a VPS I want to exclude Plex Cloud without deleting all the libraries there.
I would appreciate if anybody knows how to do this. Possibly manually specifying the server might do the trick?

Best Answer

Answers

• CoxeroniCoxeroni Posts: 613Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@videotecaCNSU said:
    there is an option to hide CloudSync

Preferences / the photo icon / general / Hide CloudSync sections

expect an option to hide PlexCloud soon

another simple way is by using plexhome and unshare that server for that user

Creating a managed user is something I already thought about, probably the fastest solution to what I want to do.

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 317Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

yes, much simpler than editing skins for hiding it

@videotecaCNSU said:
    yes, much simpler than editing skins for hiding it

True. I also wanted to convince the wife that she should watch stuff under her own user. This is probably the time I will gently force her to do so ;)

If you leave "automatic sign in" on she will never know she is in another managed user

@videotecaCNSU said:
    If you leave "automatic sign in" on she will never know she is in another managed user

I am not at home so I can't check, but can I specify which user is automatically signed in? Or how would I select her user to be the automatic one?

If you have it off, a menu will appear at start and you will have to choose the user and enter the pin if needed (very similar to netflix)
    If you have it on it will always start on the last user

There is a bug there that sometimes it doesnt remember the correct user unless you enter to some of the library folders

@videotecaCNSU said:
    If you have it off, a menu will appear at start and you will have to choose the user and enter the pin if needed (very similar to netflix)
    If you have it on it will always start on the last user

There is a bug there that sometimes it doesnt remember the correct user unless you enter to some of the library folders

I see, that is what I expected. So maybe I myself just remember to re-log into her user after I have watched something myself. How would I treat shows we watch together then? :)

I dont think PHT or Rasplex supports binge watching right now, so thats not really an issue as it wont automatically start on the last episode

I didn't mean binge watching, but just that the wifey and I watch some shows together, while users you watch solely on our own. So I was searching for a solution for the shows we watch together. I decided to watch them with the admin user as we did until this point and only the separate shows are watched under the respective manage user.

yes, its a good idea to have a "family" profile for those