Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex disrupting TV sleep settings

KKrummenKKrummen Members Posts: 3

On my LG TV I've noticed that when Plex is playing and I set a sleep timer that after several seconds of it going off, the TV comes back on. My only speculation is that when it is playing media a signal feature, as commonly seen with computers, is that the "wake display" is being sent to the TV. When I use Netflix and the sleep timer I don't experience this issue as it will go to sleep, unless I press the pause button while it's playing and the TV is off, then it turns back on. With Plex, the only time the TV stays off is when I have it paused right before the timer kicks in. Has anyone else experienced this issue or can the continuous play feature have a set limit with TV episodes.

Answers

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Forum Moderator Posts: 2,474 Plex Ninja

Most likely any setting for waking or not waking up Plex would be on your Plex Media Server.

I see a "Support Away Mode when preventing system sleep" on Plex Media Server under the Settings > Server > General (Show Advanced) on my PMS for Windows. The section of the forum for Plex Media Server on your operating system would be able to provide more information/explanation about those options/settings.

• KKrummenKKrummen Members Posts: 3

Thank you for replying, but you observation of that menu item, and according to the documentation on that feature, doesn't seem to relate to the "always-on" or "wake on-demand" signal being sent to the TV. As I said, if Plex is paused and the TV goes to sleep it then stays off, but if I press play (because I know it's paused) the TV comes back on. If I use Plex on my Blu Ray player and the sleep timer, there is no issue and the TV stays off, narrowing this down to the Roku, Plex and _**possibly **_the TV I'm using.

• KKrummenKKrummen Members Posts: 3

To be clear, the Blu Ray player is on a separate television. I'll try the Blu Ray player connected to that TV and see if I experience it with that hardware in place of the Roku.