Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Poorer performance with all music synced?

mlawlor26@icloud.commlawlor26@icloud.com Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass
in iOS

I'm often without good cell service, so I decided to sync my full music library to my phone. iPhone 6 with ~80gb free, music library is ~6500 tracks (~45gb). Took a couple of days but got it all synced. I assumed this would also help performance, since streaming is no longer necessary to play each track. But the opposite is true - even if I select the local/synced library there's a lot of lag and lack of responsiveness in the controls. Anyone else experience this? Is this size library pushing the limits of the software? Thanks for any feedback.

Best Answer

• rsavarsava Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,614 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Yes, there is another thread here talking about the same thing. No word on what causes it.

R Sava

Answers

• rsavarsava Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2,614 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Yes, there is another thread here talking about the same thing. No word on what causes it.

R Sava

• mlawlor26@icloud.commlawlor26@icloud.com Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 10 Plex Pass

Thanks for the reply. Just deleted all my synced music and the app is responsive once again.