If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex asking for another payment to activate?

I purchased the one-off payment over a year ago yet now all of a sudden I am being asked to activate?

Best Answer

• locke4locke4 Posts: 5Members ✭✭
    edited August 29 Accepted Answer

The command wsreset.exe fixed it for me, found it buried in a thread from 2016. That'd be a useful thing to add to the FAQ

Answers

edited August 29 Accepted Answer

The command wsreset.exe fixed it for me, found it buried in a thread from 2016. That'd be a useful thing to add to the FAQ

Well, it lasted a grand total of three days, now is back to asking me to activate, infuriating!

Bump, no change over the last few months...

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,201Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

I am afraid the Plex Team has no access for purchases through the Windows App Store.
    Only advice is to follow these steps
    1. Uninstall the app
    2. sign out of the Windows Store
    3. reboot computer
    4. sign in to the Windows Store using the Microsoft account that made the original Plex purchase
    5. download the Plex app fresh

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

• dkumar83dkumar83 Posts: 2Members

This issue has occurred for me on two separate occasions over the past few days. I originally purchased it via my Microsoft account in May 2015 and this issue seems to only impact the Windows 10 store app (my Xbox One and & Windows Phone Plex apps do not have this problem).

When the issue does arise the app states it's not activated and I either need to sign in or make an in-app purchase. However, when I do sign in it says something like "There is no pass associated with this account". If I click on the option to make an in-app purchase it sometimes states that I need to pay the unlock fee or it actually recognized I've purchased this in the past and states something like "You've already purchased this", at which point I can use the app fully and am not limited to watching only 1 minute of content.

Is this something you can liaise with Microsoft to ensure that it's not an ongoing issue for other users of the Windows Store App?

• evonzevonz Posts: 1Members

I have exactly the same problem as dkumar83. Is there a solution?
    I also bought Plex in 2015! On IOS there is no problem!
    HELP! :s

• chaosmakerchaosmaker Posts: 417Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

All your purchases should show up in your microsoft account - go and check whether it is still there. If it is, contact microsoft to see why it is not being activated. If it doesn't show up there, then, as long as you have proof you bought it email/bank statement etc,, microsoft will add it to your purchases.