If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Has Anyone Noticed An Issue With Argus Monitor and Plex Media Server?

AshTray900AshTray900 Posts: 146Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I run argus monitor, a software that keeps up with temperatures, hard drive smart stats fan speeds etc and has an email function to notify me if a fan breaks down or if the temperatures are reaching beyond a level I set etc.

While running this software plex clients can connect but going to the next show will stop dead at 33% about 1 out of 3 times, I can hit play twice on Roku and it kicks right back in.

When changing Argus to not start with windows, plex has no issues and never gets stuck.

PMS is a must on my system but I would also like to be able to use the argus monitor for my server so if the AC stops working in my house and things warm up I can remote in and shut it down etc, or run a quick immediate backup if SMART fails.

Anyone using this software notice this issue? Have you been able to find the right tweaks to argus monitor to stop it from interfering with PMS? Argus has no throttling control, or anything like that, it does have fan control but I have left those settings as controlled by bios.

Best Answer

• AshTray900AshTray900 Posts: 146Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

turns out argus monitor was not causing any issues with plex as the issues persisted without it

Answers

• AshTray900AshTray900 Posts: 146Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

turns out argus monitor was not causing any issues with plex as the issues persisted without it