If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

iPad 12.9 lastest model unable to stream

OwainHallOwainHall Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
in iOS

Hi Don't know if anyone else is experiencing issues however i seem to be unable to stream movies etc on my new iPad i have a number of devices that don't have any issues inc mac and iPhone and android tablets / chrome cast with very little issues with bandwidth etc.

Is this a bug people are aware of?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as the screen on the iPad looks great with Netflix.

Cheers

Answers

• shapethelolashapethelola Posts: 410Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Do you have the iOS 11 beta installed?

• OwainHallOwainHall Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Nope I don't have the beta installed

• N-U-M-A-NN-U-M-A-N Posts: 75Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
  • AnvigoAnvigo Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Similar problem here, funny enough I can only stream SD TV-shows, HD-movies I only get sound, but I have iOS beta II installed on my new 12.9 iPad, on my iPad 10.5 with same beta no problem!

• BuBubbiBuBubbi Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a similar issue on my iPad Pro 10.5” running iOS 11 public beta 2.

The movies play with sound, but no picture..

Works fine on my iPad Pro 9.7” running iOS 10.x

• adreweryadrewery Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have something similar with my iPad Pro 10.5". I'm running iOS 10.3.2, Plex app 4.15, and Plex Server 1.7.6.4058.

When I try to stream to the iPad Pro it takes an age to start then usually stops with a message about the server connection being too slow. If I use an iPhone 6s or iPad Mini with all the same versions, and in exactly the same spot they work fine.