Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Playlists - Can't view, even though they are on my server.

powerplaytwopowerplaytwo Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a QNAP TS-251+ server running the latest firmware. Plex Pass is active and the latest version. I have the latest version of iTunes running on an iMac with the latest OS. I have tried multiple times to load my 40 iTunes playlists and they never show up in Plex. I have also used SuperSync to upload my music and playlists and it confirms they are there. The server and iMac are running on the same network via ethernet cables. I can not figure out what I am doing wrong and I would very much appreciate any help to get me on the right track.

TIA

Answers

• powerplaytwopowerplaytwo Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have tried everything I can think of and the playlists do not show up in the Plex playlist folder. The NAS has software to allow access to the files/folders that are loaded on to it and it shows the 40 playlists are loaded into the playlist folder on the NAS. SuperSync confirms the playlists are loaded in the same folder as well. But once Plex is running the playlist folder reflects no files are there. I am about to give up on Plex and find another solution. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Gdr56Gdr56 Posts: 1,599Members ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 16

I Hope i understand what you saying as the following screenshots explain.

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

Thanks for your reply, but it looks like your playlists are showing up in the Playlist folder. If I open the folder, it indicates it is empty. Nothing shows up. My playlists are 40 different, "m3u" files of audio tracks (songs). I haven't even though about video yet. I can't get it to handle my small song collection of about 24K songs.

• Gdr56Gdr56 Posts: 1,599Members ✭✭✭✭

@powerplaytwo said:
    Thanks for your reply, but it looks like your playlists are showing up in the Playlist folder. If I open the folder, it indicates it is empty. Nothing shows up. My playlists are 40 different, "m3u" files of audio tracks (songs). I haven't even though about video yet. I can't get it to handle my small song collection of about 24K songs.

Well it's probably file format. Google search will determine.

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

What file format? The music files are mp3 and the playlists are m3u which are both acceptable formats for Plex. I don't fully understand your comment.

Thanks for your reply.