If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

What are the password limitations for the android app?

barbarojabarbaroja Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I seem to be having issues with logging into the Android application. The password is being handled via a password manager and is being copied into the copy/paste buffer currently so there's no chance of typos there. Furthermore I can use it to log into the website (on the same device) with no issues which leads me to believe there is a mis-match about the allowed characters for passwords across the various platforms.

Admittedly 10 characters are symbols, the password is 30 characters long, and of those 26 are unique.

Failure through Android App:

Attempting to log in via web:

Successful web login:

Answers

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,033Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

We don't have any password limitations that I'm aware of. Can you share just the symbols you are using so I can check if any of these are restricted?

• barbarojabarbaroja Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I changed the password, then sorted and de-duplicated the characters:

< ! ( ) $ \ < # % 2 4 6 7 9 b d f g H j K N P q R u X Z