Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

S8 no longer visible as a server since latest android update

Billbrown1982Billbrown1982 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 16 Plex Pass

Anyone else found this? I always use my phone as a mobile server and now I can't - so frustrating!

Best Answer

Answers

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 15,365 Plex Employee

What client are you using? There was a change on how the mobile server worked that caused issues on certain clients so those clients were actually changed to no longer support seeing the mobile server.

You should still be able to cast from your mobile device to those clients as a work-around.

• Billbrown1982Billbrown1982 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 16 Plex Pass

Hey MovieFan - so happy to see you reply!

I use Amazon fire tv sticks - was this one of the affected devices?

If so, are there any plans to bring back support?? I realise I am probably in the minority here but I am a long distance truck driver and I connect the stick to my phone's mobile hotspot. But as I understand it casting to the stick uses my data? Whereas accesing it as a server doesn't.

Either way I particularly bought the Amazon sticks because they were one of the few devices that could access the phone as a server while connected to its hotspot.

Fingers x for good news here!

• Billbrown1982Billbrown1982 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 16 Plex Pass

Dang. Ok well thanks for letting me know at least! Guess casting it is for now