If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Did Plex Just Stopped Working Altogether In The Last Few Days???

therealjoeldunn@gmail.comtherealjoeldunn@gmail.com Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So, I'm a Plex Pass member with Plex Media Server installed on my Nvidia Shield, and Plex Media Player on my Apple TV and app on my iPhone 7 and the plex web app, all worked very good until yesterday, I cannot play anything on my Apple TV, iphone, Plex app and I received this message "Playback terminated by server conversion failed a required codec could not be found or failed to install"
this was the first issue.
Today, I can see all my files list but cannot play anything. from every player it will only load a partial library. Some cover images some not, super random and it just says loading.
I can get movies to play direct from the Shield, but maybe 20% of my 600+ movies are showing cover images.

As of now when I log on to the web app it says it can not connect to my server. "There was an unexpected error loading this library
Please visit our forums if you continue to experience problems"

So here i am in the forum searching and not seeing anything helpful.

I disconnected and reconnected the library, made sure all of my plex apps are running the latest updates, reset the Shield and still nothing.

Should I just delete the server and start over again.

I would like to add that if you ask me to run logs and fun stuff like that you have me lost. I thought I was getting a simple user friendly solution that worked. so far it 60% of the time it has worked every time!!

Thanks

Answers

• vibbanvibban Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Have u tried to Optimize the Database? http://prntscr.com/fza964

• therealjoeldunn@gmail.comtherealjoeldunn@gmail.com Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

running it now!!

• therealjoeldunn@gmail.comtherealjoeldunn@gmail.com Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

"there was a problem preparing for optimization. try again" :(

• Elijah_BaleyElijah_Baley Posts: 4,441Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Is your Shield the "Pro" model with 500 gb or is it the little one with only 16 gb. If it is the little one you could easily be running out of memory.

"If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you. This is the principal difference between a dog and a man." - Mark Twain
    "If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them." - Isaac Asimov
    “There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.” - Isaac Asimov

Thanks yeah it's the 16g and I upgraded it to 128gb of internal so thought that would solve it. Guess I need to go buy a new pro 500 or a better option for a server

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Posts: 5,592Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited August 31

At this time it's not possible to migrate the Plex data directory to adopted storage, so you are limited to whatever the available space is on your Shield TV's internal 16GB drive. If you have chapter thumbnails and video previews enabled, you can save a lot of space by disabling those options.

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: Running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision