Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Xbox One (and Xbox One S) Audio/Video Synch Issues

devin47devin47 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Recently, I have encountered issues with the Xbox One Plex app. At different points in the video the following will occur:
1) Audio will stop and video will continue playing. This goes on for about 30 seconds
2) Video will pause and the audio will play until the audio catches up with the video.

This problem will occur at different points when playing the video file.

Xbox Plex App version: 1.8.0.0
PMS Version: 1.5.5.3634 (Ubuntu Linux)
PMS Version: Version 1.7.5.4035 (Win10 Pro)

More information:
* I have replicated this issue with multiple movies in .MP4 format. The most consistent is with Beauty And The Beast(2017). The issue described above happens early in the video and always at the same point.
* I can replicate this issue on an Xbox One and newly purchased Xbox One S
* I can replicate this issue using two different PMS's. Ubuntu Linux and Windows 10 Pro.
* The issue does Not occur when the video is played on Plex Web(with transcoding), Plex Win10 App(No transcoding), or Roku 3(No Transcoding).
* The issue does Not occur when a video is played in the web app remotely.
* The issue does occur with multiple videos but not all.

The MP4 video files were created using DVDFab 10.0.4.6.

Xbox One App Logs attached. Paused the video just after the audio and video resynchronized.

Any assistance with this issue would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if I can provide additional information.

Answers

• devin47devin47 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Update(7-16-2017)
    Magically everything started working yesterday. I have retested on multiple video files and they all play smoothly. I think there has been an Xbox One Plex client app update but it is hard to tell with the Xbox one since the app updates typically happen automatically.

I will keep watching this issue but if anyone has any input on the root cause, I would love to know.

• devin47devin47 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Update(8-6-2017):
    Interestingly, a Plex friend of mine, nearly the same configuration, told me that he is starting to have the same problem as I originally posted.

Does anyone else have similar issues or advice on how to diagnose this issue?