If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cannot connect to internal storage on the Nvidia Shield pro via pc

worthog94worthog94 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited July 11 in NVIDIA SHIELD

Hi
I cannot now connect to the Nvidia Shield pro internal storage over the network prom my pc, The settings on the Shield are set to View Folder over the network on pc. This has worked perfect since I had the machine but it would seem since the 5.2 update I don't see the shield on the network pc anymore and when try to connect even by mapping the network location with the ip address get the message " Remote devise or resource wont accept the connection" with " The device (192.168.2.39\Internal) is not set up to accept connections on port "File and printer sharing (SMB).
Have Reinstalled Plex Server On the shield but still the same . Looked on the forum plus else where tried various things but still nothing .
I have 2 things mounted on the shield 1. Laptop Share 2. Netgear Nas and can use the Plex web portal to access both these to add films etc. Can view the shield server on all various items , Laptop ,Phone etc with no problems .

From what I have read it would suggest the Plex server adds the smb control , is this still correct if so can anybody advise on what to do

Best Answers

• worthog94worthog94 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Just like to say thanks everybody for your input.

Sorted it ...

After backing up all the movies from the shield via usb connection direct to pc I decided last chance to do a full factory reset on the shield.
    This took approx. 2 hours , reinstalled everything , then had to update the apps server included and then had the option view folder over network pc , this time a new password was given .
    Went to the pc mapped the network location and yeah it works , at long last.

Now got to start a fresh with folders etc , but not lost my films ( cos I had them backed up via usb connection)

So it would seem this is the only option you have if all else fails ,and it works.

Answers

• rljncrljnc Posts: 111Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Have you tried turning off the setting to allow viewing on local PC on the shield and then turn it back on, I have had to do this for it to show up sometimes.

• wwwizzarrdrywwwizzarrdry Posts: 250Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 11

Had a similar issue. In addition to fixing my problem, installing the latest build also brought back the option to share Shield storage over samba. The update provided I the Shield store is supposed to be the same as the Stable link below, but it didn't work for me. Once I i stalled from that link and restarted the Shield, the network access option returned.

Just go to one of these links from a PC:

• Stable Branch:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.plexapp.mediaserver.smb

• Beta Branch (sign up):
    https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.plexapp.mediaserver.smb

Hi wwwizzarrdry

Thanks for taking the time out to help.

Tried what you suggested and re installed Plex server from the Stable link you gave , went through all the motions etc but still my pc cannot connect to the internal storage on the Shield Pro.
    The pc does not show shield under network etc plus
    Same answer comes back " The device (192.168.2.39\Internal is not set up to accept connections on port "the file and printer sharing(SMB) when I try to map the connection.

Have connected the Shield Via a usb and can gain access to the folders etc and copied them onto my nas .
    so I know there is nothing wrong with the storage.

Is there anything else you could suggest I try?

Even thought about rebooting my pc back to factory just incase ,but that's drastic last measure

• rouqrouq Posts: 322Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

One thing you could try. It happened to me once and I was able to get it back by doing this:
    From nvidia settings/storage. Disable "over the network" switch and reboot the Shield.
    After reboot, go back in the setting and enable it again. Reboot the Shield again.

I don't know if it will work for you. But it worth the try before trying to reset to factory the PC and/or the Shield.

Thanks for the extra advise to try Disable over the network then reboot etc
    Tried this twice now but still no network connection to pc , crazy situation to be in nearly 500gb storage on the Shield that I cannot access, can watch the films but cannot remove or add to just for the sakes of a setting on the shield not been turned on even though it reports it is on. Can anything else be tried

Or do I just smash the shield to pieces and have done with it , time spent trying to sort this out is ridiculous when I should just be sat enjoying my films.

Bit drastic I know but it sure makes you feel like doing it.

Accepted Answer

Just like to say thanks everybody for your input.

Sorted it ...

After backing up all the movies from the shield via usb connection direct to pc I decided last chance to do a full factory reset on the shield.
    This took approx. 2 hours , reinstalled everything , then had to update the apps server included and then had the option view folder over network pc , this time a new password was given .
    Went to the pc mapped the network location and yeah it works , at long last.

Now got to start a fresh with folders etc , but not lost my films ( cos I had them backed up via usb connection)

So it would seem this is the only option you have if all else fails ,and it works.

Wizzarrdry

Had reset the shield before I had received your latest info just looked at it and the links and poss maybe it would have worked, I will give it a try and see if this strange situation reoccurs again.

really appreciate you taking the time out to help sort.