Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Using another agent in a custom agent

psycikpsycik Members, Plex Pass Posts: 392 Plex Pass

Can i call another agent from inside another, so a TV Series based agent, could i make a call to thetvtb agent, or do I have to implement calls to the tvdb api directly?

Plex for IOS, PlexConnect, Roku3 and NextPVR Channel

Plex PMS on AMD A10 for movies and TV, and Plex PMS on AMD A8 with NextPVR custom scanner and Agent

Answers

• ZeroQIZeroQI Members Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭

@psycik some agent can call fonctions in another agent to convert the unique id for example.
    i saw it in some agent source code but cannot remember which...
    Also you can have secondary agents so you do not have to manage fallback like that...
    Depends what you want but in short yes

Absolute Series Scanner (ASS): Seasons+Absolute mode series scanner managing subdirectories and AniDB type specials,with a logging off all files (skipped on top of root folder, then sorted one line per file with regex used and info, all series sorted alphabetically) and one with the filelist to reproduce the library on my end with dummy files. It also add all files and recognise specials pretty accurately.

http AniDB Metadata Agent (HAMA): Some good info there, will have to re-write it at some point... Data folders are kinda mandatory... Huge libraries can fetch 10gb in space. If you have no poster but other metadata is showing, create "Plug-in Support/Data/com.plexapp.agents.hama/DataItems" agent folders as indicated in the readme on GitHub

Impressed by the agent recognition rate? Consider donating few euros through Paypal: Absolute Series Scanner + HTTP AniDB Metadata Agent. (List of all donators: Niegen, Vorador, Fratal, T. Mayville,  A. Estremera, KJKingJ. Thanks guys)

• psycikpsycik Members, Plex Pass Posts: 392 Plex Pass

I saw some of the agents calling themoviedb agent. But I couldn't adapt for thetvdb.

I want to get episode information myself, but series and show details/images from thetvdb - without necessarily having to write calls to thetvdb api directly.

Plex for IOS, PlexConnect, Roku3 and NextPVR Channel

Plex PMS on AMD A10 for movies and TV, and Plex PMS on AMD A8 with NextPVR custom scanner and Agent