Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

[Feature Request] Add title element to buttons

cjpasulacjpasula Members, Plex Pass Posts: 53 Plex Pass

Hello - I'm suggesting adding the title element to buttons. Specifically, when playing through the web-player there's the progress/track info at the bottom of the page when you're on a different window (You're listening to song X but viewing album Y, the progress/song info has a bar at the bottom.

I'm proposing adding the title element which would allow the button text to display in a tooltip when you hover over it. This is useful if you have long artist/track names and need to see them all.

The existing html is as follows:

<div class="mini-controls-below-track-segment media-title"> 
  <div class="grandparent-title-container"> 
    <button class="grandparent-title btn-link btn-metadata-link clickable">Artist</button>
  </div> 
  <div class="title-container">
    <button class="item-title btn-link btn-metadata-link clickable">Song Title</button>
  </div>
 </div>

I propose changing it to be:

<div class="mini-controls-below-track-segment media-title"> 
  <div class="grandparent-title-container"> 
    <button title="Artist" class="grandparent-title btn-link btn-metadata-link clickable">Artist</button>
  </div> 
  <div class="title-container">
    <button title="Song Title" class="item-title btn-link btn-metadata-link clickable">Song Title</button>
  </div>
 </div>