Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cannot create Windows Media Center Shortcut

SlinkynoseSlinkynose Members, Plex Pass Posts: 45 Plex Pass

I had to do a reinstall of my WMC setup due to the recent guide issues and I lost my OpenPHT shortcut in the process. I messed around with MCE Reset Toolbox a little to try to get it back but that did not work.

I figured if I just uninstalled and re-installed OpenPHT it would come back through that process but it did not.

Any ideas or other similar experiences?

Best Answers

• SlinkynoseSlinkynose Members, Plex Pass Posts: 45 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I wanted to follow up with a solution. I was never able to get OpenPHT installation to create the shortcut and menu row.

The OpenPHT Entrypoint did show up in MCE Reset Toolbox.

WMC would crash on load if I created the row and included the shortcut with MCE Reset Toolbox. Not sure why this is happening, as I have never had any issues editing menus with the tool before.

I was able to use the entrypoint in the Live TV Menu Row and everything works.

Answers

Accepted Answer

I wanted to follow up with a solution. I was never able to get OpenPHT installation to create the shortcut and menu row.

The OpenPHT Entrypoint did show up in MCE Reset Toolbox.

WMC would crash on load if I created the row and included the shortcut with MCE Reset Toolbox. Not sure why this is happening, as I have never had any issues editing menus with the tool before.

I was able to use the entrypoint in the Live TV Menu Row and everything works.

Thanks Wally, I will look into that. Always good to have another tool for this aging solution!