Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Compatibility with MacOS 10.13 (Beta) High Sierra

woodepghwoodepgh Members Posts: 2

When the next version of MacOS became a public beta a couple of weeks ago, I installed it on my iMac. Since then, Plex continues to function in all ways except one. I am no longer able to add additional titles. When I scan the Library Files, Plex acts like it always does, but never finds the new video files. So, while I can use Plex to watch existing content, I cannot add to it at this point. I understand that I am using a beta product, and there are no guarantees of compatibility. I am just making you aware of an issue that I encountered as a result.

Answers

• mkummermkummer Members, Plex Pass Posts: 33 Plex Pass

Cannot confirm this. On me iMac 5K that works as before.

• AFailingAFailing Members, Plex Pass Posts: 9 Plex Pass
    edited July 13

After updating to Public Beta 2, last night, my entire catalog was refreshed. This included metadata refresh of everything and marking all media as added within the past year (a bunch of it just "3 hours ago"). Fresh update to 1.7.6.4058 this morning (about an hour ago). Frustrating.

• BigWheelBigWheel Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 9,556 Plex Employee

do you have "Update my library automatically" and "Run a partial scan when changes are detected" both selected? have seen some oddness in the past that sounds similar to that happening

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201869908-Log-Files
  • woodepghwoodepgh Members Posts: 2

Bigwheel, no. I manually do library updates. I do have Plex Server configured to automatically check for updates to the software, but as far as I can tell, it has not been updated since I installed the MacOS beta. It is currently running 1.7.5.4035 of Plex Server.