Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex holds network speed

LordwindLordwind Posts: 110Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I use the last plex app with the last iOS and every day listen music via cellular network 3G/4G. There are a strange network issue with the plex. If I begin listening with 3G network, the app seems hold the network speed (type) on 3G even in the 4G zone. I can stop play, re-launch app, or re-switch network type in the iOS setting - then the 4G network appears and works. I thought it is some iOS hidden feature, when the established connection can downgrade, but can't upgrade. Example: I walking with 4G connection, crossing 3G area and 3G stays even if I returning to 4G area until manual reconnection. But I used other music applications and they don't hold the network speed. When I crossing 4G area, the network upgrades to 4G while listening (with another apps), so it is not an iOS bug. I suppose, the plex uses a small buffer, so it connects very often and iOS don't like to upgrade the network's speed. Maybe something else...

Server: vSphere-based PMS with Ubuntu 14.04

Clients: Panasonic TX-PR50ST60 (2013), Samsung UE32J6300 (2015), Amazon TV, iOS, Android, PS4

Ertelecom: ▼▲ 30-100 Mbps 24x7