Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Issues on Roku app accessing local server when internet goes down

zaraki1311zaraki1311 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 17 Plex Pass

Hi,

I have noticed over the last while that the PLEX app on the Roku seems to be getting more bound to having internet access than it used to be. Back several months ago if the internet was down the app would notice that there was no internet and let me pick from a local server within a few seconds. This is not the case anymore. I have noticed it is a few minutes before it detects that the internet has gone down and it takes a lot of effort to get it to work with a local server. I have also noticed I lose access to local users when the internet goes down. I can login with my plex pass account but the 2 local users do not show up till the internet is back.

Is there a way to force the Roku app to look in the local network first then check for other servers after or make it a little more user friendly when the internet goes down? Is there a way to make the local users appear when there is no access to the internet?