If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Video stuck

natkingfannatkingfan Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My Apple TV Plex app is stuck on a home video and I can't get back to plex home screen. I can get back to Apple TV home screen and everything works fine on my iPad... thoughts?

Tagged:

Answers

• darciliciousdarcilicious Posts: 817Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

You can force quit any tvOS app:

https://www.howtogeek.com/232960/how-to-force-quit-an-app-on-your-apple-tv/

That at least will let you use Plex again on your AppleTV

As far as getting playback to work, you'll need to post more info about the video encoding, etc.

• aaronr93aaronr93 Posts: 1Members

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but every now and then my Plex app on Apple TV will get stuck on an episode description screen and I can't navigate anywhere in Plex, even if I select "View Season", etc. It's not easy to reproduce, but here's the steps I'm aware of:

1. From the Apple TV home screen, select an episode "On Deck" or any other episode in the preview area above the app.
    2. ??
    3. Apple TV is left on for an extended period of time.
    4. From the Apple TV home screen, select the Plex app via its icon.
    5. The episode description screen from step 1 appears, and it is impossible to navigate within the Plex app. Navigating "back" takes the user back to the home screen.

Is this anything like your issue?

I'm running the latest versions of Plex Server and Apple TV (1.10.1.4602 and 11.1 respectively).