If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Pictures of cast are disappearing

lenartpawellenartpawel Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi all,

I have a problem. I recently recreated my movie library and now when I open via web plex app and go to any movie I can see some cast pictures, then I can see for a second loading symbol on poster and suddenly cast pictures are disappearing. I don't have this problem with my other library. Can you please help?

• trumpy81trumpy81 Posts: 10,441Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited July 2017

Try the following:

Stop Plex from running. Then open File Station and navigate to: Plex/Library/Application Support/Plex Media Server/Plug-in Support/Caches/com.plexapp.agents.themoviedb and delete everything in that folder.

Now restart Plex and try again.

If you don't see the Plex folder in File Station, then see Q7a on the Synology FAQ's page, link in my signature.

Also, in Plex settings->server->agents->movies->plex movie click on the 'gear' icon beside Plex Movie and for 'Cast List Source' make sure you have 'The Movie Database' selected. Don't forget to click on save. Do the same under The Movie Database agent settings as well.

Andy M.

My Equipment: Synology DS1813+ | Panasonic TH-L42ET60A & TH-55DX600U | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit PC's | Raspberry Pi 2's & Odroid C2 with OpenPHT

Device Profiles | File Naming in Plex | NAS - Plex Compatibility Guide | What CPU does my NAS have | Synology FAQ's page | Tips & Tricks