Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex converting video when I set it not to

King MustardKing Mustard Members Posts: 44 ✭✭

Example video file is 6.3 GB (720p, 7000 KB/s video, 1500 KB/s 6-channel DTS audio).

In the Android app, under Settings > Quality, I have 'Internet Streaming' and 'Home Streaming' set to 'Maximum'.

When I stream a movie to, for example, my Chromecast, the app shows that stream's Quality as 'Convert (8.5 Mbps, 720p HD (High)).

It happens with all my video media.

Any ideas?

Answers

• King MustardKing Mustard Members Posts: 44 ✭✭

@King Mustard said:
    Example video file is 6.3 GB (720p, 7000 KB/s video, 1500 KB/s 6-channel DTS audio).

In the Android app, under Settings > Quality, I have 'Internet Streaming' and 'Home Streaming' set to 'Maximum'.

When I stream a movie to, for example, my Chromecast, the app shows that stream's Quality as 'Convert (8.5 Mbps, 720p HD (High)).

It happens with all my video media.

Any ideas?

Anyone?

• CoxeroniCoxeroni Members, Plex Pass Posts: 189 Plex Pass

Probably the Chromecast itself does not like either your video or your audio. I am not sure whether it matters whatever you set in the Android app since in the end the Chromecast is playing it.

• King MustardKing Mustard Members Posts: 44 ✭✭

@Coxeroni said:
    Probably the Chromecast itself does not like either your video or your audio. I am not sure whether it matters whatever you set in the Android app since in the end the Chromecast is playing it.

Every video.

And of course it matters. The Chromecast plays whatever the app tells the server to transcode the video to.