If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Trouble playing MKV files

DeecoDeeco Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass

Hello,
Bit of a problem, I'm trying to play 'Planet Earth 2' UHD version that is loaded in my external HDD hooked up to my Sony TV, Shield TV & Mi Box, but every time I try to play it, it never plays and I eventually get the message

"Playback has stopped because the connection to the Plex Media Server has been lost. Please ensure the server is available and retry.
I've tried toggle audio passthrough, but nothing gives. Each file are MKV format with DTS-HD 5.1 audio and SRT subtitles embedded.

Sony TV, Shield TV & Mi Box are connected directly by Ethernet via a switch, all Plex apps up to date
Would appreciate help, many thanks in advance!

Tagged:

Answers