If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

IPTV not working when running on shared server

Hi,

I am using a remote/shared server to access media on my Samsung UE65HU7505.
When using a shared channel with iptv.bundle the TV wont start the streams ("Unable to connect to the content server"). Same issue on Ios app (no error message shown).

All channels are working fine in plex on my PC/Mac.
I have used the cCloud channel (iptv) on my local server and it worked fine on my TV.

Any ideas?

Answers

• daemontdaemont Posts: 7Members Plex Pass
    edited July 17

Hi,
    I get exactly the same error with some of my streams.

Having acquired the new Dreambox DM900 UHD, I am using Plex Server (1.7.5.4035) and IPTV.bundle to redistribute the channel streams (which come from dreambox with container: mpegts, video codec: mpeg2video and audio codec: mp2")

stream address sample: http://192.168.xxx.yyy:8001/1:0:1:201:5:22F4:EEEE0000:0:0:0:

Although they could play on OpenPHT and PlexMediaPlayer (directPlay) they did not on run at all on: Samsung TV (UE65HU7100), on Plex for Android, and Chrome Web.

After adding the parameters:
    protocol="hls", audio_codec="mp2", video_codec="mpeg2video", container="mpegts" to the #EXTINF section of the stream, PMS started transcoding for Plex for Android and Chrome Web, but unfortunately no success with Samsung Plex App (2.008)

I tried to fiddle a bit with the Samsung.xml profile, hopping that at least transcoding would work, but unfortunately no results.

Suggestions or hints are welcome

• ePhemereXePhemereX Posts: 3Members

Anyone have a solution to this issue?