Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

BUG LG App will not stay connected to server

There seems to be an issue with the app for LG Smart TV maintaining it's connection to the server. Since the last server software upgrade, I need to 'sign-in' every time I turn on the TV via plex.tv/link

TV Info - LG Model 60LA7400-UA, SW Version 05.09.09, SDK ver 03.04

Plex Media Server - 1.7.5.4035

approximate time 7:48am attempted to connect from TV to Server, 7:51 entered 4 digit link code via plex.tv/link

Answers

• Gdr56Gdr56 Posts: 1,590Members ✭✭✭✭

@Cokokopelli said:
    There seems to be an issue with the app for LG Smart TV maintaining it's connection to the server. Since the last server software upgrade, I need to 'sign-in' every time I turn on the TV via plex.tv/link

TV Info - LG Model 60LA7400-UA, SW Version 05.09.09, SDK ver 03.04

Plex Media Server - 1.7.5.4035

approximate time 7:48am attempted to connect from TV to Server, 7:51 entered 4 digit link code via plex.tv/link

Can you check if your Tv app has the server address still in it's settings. Also try restarting your TV from the wall.

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• CokokopelliCokokopelli Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I couldn't find anywhere in the tv app that had the server address.

I tried restarting the TV with the button on the tv, no luck, tried unplugging the TV, deleted and re-installed the app. Every time I try to launch the app, I still need to re-link the account.

• CokokopelliCokokopelli Posts: 3Members ✭✭

still not able to keep the account linked when using the TV. Signed out and back into Plex on PMS, caused me to reconnect from all other devices, they stay connected, except the TV.