Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Has anyone had a problem with Roku and large video files? They don't load to play.

aarubensteinaarubenstein Validating, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

I have a Roku 4. The video files on my media server won't load on the Roku. The Plex works on my TV but not on the Roku. I takes a long time to load and then will play a few seconds then reloads. Only happened recently. The Plex works fine on my Sony TV.

Answers

• Lio37Lio37 Members Posts: 2

I hope this solution helps for this issue.

I've been having the same issue as well. I have a Roku Premiere + and it stays on 13% for a long time before finally playing. When it does play, it then buffers. It's been driving me crazy.

I also have the latest Roku Stick (3600X) and it plays fine. Starts at 13% but gets up to 100% in a matter of 5-10 secs. No buffer while playing and works great. I was thinking how does the less powerful Stick do that compared to the Premiere + box. I checked every setting in Plex and Roku to see if it was the same.

What I found was my Roku Stick was using the 2.4Ghz WiFi while my Premiere + was on the 5ghz WiFi. When I changed the Premiere + to the 2.4ghz, it now works without any lag at 13%. I am not sure why this change fixes the problem, but it did and now I'm happy. I thought the 5ghz has the faster speeds, so I'm puzzled to why 2.4ghz works.

Anyhow, this helped me solve the problem.