Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Help me!! Deleted library folder

Pablo Ceña GarcíaPablo Ceña García Posts: 9Members ✭✭

Hello everyone. First of all, excuse my english, I'm spanish and I'm trying to explain as clear as I can. I will be concise.
I hace my Plex media library and accidentally yesterday I deleted it. I'm trying to recover it in my mac but no success. Today I opened plex app and in my regular internet browser, safari, it opens and everything is like allways, all the movies with all the data and all the posters, backgrounds...etc. when I open any movie for editing in the posters and background there is nothing, but the artwork is in the interface. I though it may be possible for the safari cache, and searching my mac i found a folder inside of caches folder named PlexMediaServer with 28GB (My library was 16GB), and inside this library, in a lot of folders there is all artwork, posters, images...etc, including other smaller but the originals too. The problem is that all images have names that is impossible to identify, and my question is if there is an option to use this folder to recover the library images folder. Please, help me I'm very sad because it has been lot of months to finish my library. Thanks everyone, I hope you have understand me.

Comments

• Gdr56Gdr56 Posts: 1,599Members ✭✭✭✭

@Pablo Ceña García said:
    Hello everyone. First of all, excuse my english, I'm spanish and I'm trying to explain as clear as I can. I will be concise.
    I hace my Plex media library and accidentally yesterday I deleted it. I'm trying to recover it in my mac but no success. Today I opened plex app and in my regular internet browser, safari, it opens and everything is like allways, all the movies with all the data and all the posters, backgrounds...etc. when I open any movie for editing in the posters and background there is nothing, but the artwork is in the interface. I though it may be possible for the safari cache, and searching my mac i found a folder inside of caches folder named PlexMediaServer with 28GB (My library was 16GB), and inside this library, in a lot of folders there is all artwork, posters, images...etc, including other smaller but the originals too. The problem is that all images have names that is impossible to identify, and my question is if there is an option to use this folder to recover the library images folder. Please, help me I'm very sad because it has been lot of months to finish my library. Thanks everyone, I hope you have understand me.

Next to libraries is a Eclipse (...) select and scan you Library. That should work. If not Refresh Metadata.

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• Pablo Ceña GarcíaPablo Ceña García Posts: 9Members ✭✭

@Gdr56 said:

@Pablo Ceña García said:

Next to libraries is a Eclipse (...) select and scan you Library. That should work. If not Refresh Metadata.

Thanks a lot for the answer, but I don't know what do you mean with eclipse near libraries, what button I have to click to scan my library as you say for recover all images. Thanks

• macgen77macgen77 Posts: 12Members ✭✭

Its this one

Ok thanks! Now I know, I'm going to try this, hope it will work

This doesn't work. I'm going to reintroduce all the posters and artwork for all my media, repeat 3 months of work that I just finished last week, all go to the hell, but Plex is very bad to manage te art of the media, I'm very disappointed.

@Pablo Ceña García said:
    This doesn't work. I'm going to reintroduce all the posters and artwork for all my media, repeat 3 months of work that I just finished last week, all go to the hell, but Plex is very bad to manage te art of the media, I'm very disappointed.

I have no issues with artwork. Please take attention to settings below and attached.

Also being negative will not resolve you set up for good.

How have you sorted the agents In PMS settings

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. : Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

Yesterday I shut down Mac at night and today I started it and open PLEX, but is empty, nothing to do.

@Pablo Ceña García said:
    Yesterday I shut down Mac at night and today I started it and open PLEX, but is empty, nothing to do.

Look, this looking like a corrupted data base, following the instructions on this support page.

https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201100678-Repair-a-Corrupt-Database