Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No local connection.

DragooNickDragooNick Posts: 6Members ✭✭

Hey,

just started using Plex Media Server on a ubuntu homemade server.
While on PS4 (the App seems horribly slow) and on android I can put in a manual local ip adress and this seems to work.
But while on firefox I didnt find an option like this and it will stream through the internet instead of the local network.
My Notebook and the Homeserver are in the same network and subnet. I do not use any firewalls on ubuntu.

Hopefully you can help me ^^
Thanks in advance.

Best regards
Nick

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• DragooNickDragooNick Posts: 6Members ✭✭

The same problem when I use the windows application, only a remote connection.
    I also dont use anything else then windows-firewall, but disabling doesn't help (tested).

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 24,374Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging

Thanks but i don't get how this is connected to my problem? Since this seems to be a different problem.
    My remote access works fine, at least plex tells me my Plex Server is: "Fully accessible outside your network".

Ok I see that there is a difference by connecting through the ip or domain name.
    I'll try to use the DNS-Rebind whitelist of my fritz box and add "*.plex.direct" to it.

Sadly changing the DNS-Servers and whitelisting *.plex.direct were not the solution :(

Thank you very much, that's the solution!