Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Stuck buffering?

tomfangtomfang Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

Hi guys,

This is my first time posting here about an issue, and I don't know all the information I'm supposed to give, so please forgive me and ask me if I've missed some critical information.

I have the TLC Roku TV, which I use the Plex app on.
My Plex Media Server is running on the new Microsoft Surface Pro 2017.
The media (mostly movies and shows) is on an external HD (WD Passport).
The Surface is connected via ethernet and I get 300+ mbps down and 22 mbps up.
For Local, I've selected original quality (but I have tried other selections and the same happens).

Once in a while (say 20 min), the video will suddenly pause and it will be spinning at 33%-36% for like 2 minutes and then resume the video.

On my TV in the living room (using stand alone Roku), it would buffer like this and then eventually error out and can't connect. In this case, I go to my computer and the media server is unresponsive and I have to restart. This happens several times over a 90 min movie.

This has been causing such headache for me and I have tried to understand how to fix it but have no idea!

Thanks to anyone who can help!!!

Answers

• tomfangtomfang Members Posts: 3 ✭✭

No one can help?

Where can I pay someone to fix this???