Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex "stuck" with one audio language

antoxa256antoxa256 Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

Hello community!

Couple weeks ago I've faced a strange problem with my Plex setup: no matter what audio track is selected - every video plays with Russian track, and when you change the track in the Plex player - just nothing is changing.
It only changes if I enable any subtitle but in this case video starts buffering and than crashes.
I have a latest Plex server installed on MacOS and Plex player on Samsung smart tv (v 3.1.0).
I suspect it has something to do with the update of the tv app on 06/30/2017...

Answers

• Gdr56Gdr56 Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

@antoxa256 said:
    Hello community!

Couple weeks ago I've faced a strange problem with my Plex setup: no matter what audio track is selected - every video plays with Russian track, and when you change the track in the Plex player - just nothing is changing.
    It only changes if I enable any subtitle but in this case video starts buffering and than crashes.
    I have a latest Plex server installed on MacOS and Plex player on Samsung smart tv (v 3.1.0).
    I suspect it has something to do with the update of the tv app on 06/30/2017...

I believe you need to separate your preferred Languages and take careful not of settings in each Library for Languages .

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• antoxa256antoxa256 Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

@Gdr56 said:
    I believe you need to separate your preferred Languages and take careful not of settings in each Library for Languages .

I'm not quite understand what you mean..
    My preferred sound language is set to English and it has never been changed.
    I think the problem is in the TV app - it requests incorrect streams form server, but reinstallation hasn't helped.

as per attachment.

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

@Gdr56 said:
    as per attachment.

Now I've got it, but as I said - the English language is set as default everywhere.
    Even in Plex player is says that "English" is selected but it plays Russian stream.

The following may explain

@Gdr56 said:

As I've said - English is set as default everywhere.
    I repeat: this is not the case.

@antoxa256 said:

@Gdr56 said:

As I've said - English is set as default everywhere.
    I repeat: this is not the case.

Including the player/TV

Folks, any ideas? Very strange issue..