Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Android - first install not prompting for pin

nickkarmanickkarma Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Found what appears to be a bug. On first install of android app it is putting me straight into my master account that has a PIN attached to it. I've got a kids specific profile set up but they were smart enough I believe to figure out if they delete and reinstall the plex app they are not required to enter the PIN for the main account. Seems to be a fairly large oversight for the child protection I bought the plex pass for.

Tagged:

Answers

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Posts: 15,365 Plex Employee

This is intentional. When you first sign in, you are using your admin credentials, so it assumes you are the admin, so it uses the admin account. If you don't want your kids to be able to bypass their accounts, do not give them your admin credentials. The idea of the managed user is that you control their access, including the ability to sign into the app on a device.

If you want you other user accounts to be able to install and sign into the app without your intervention, give them a regular Plex account, then they can sign in with their own credentials and it will automatically go into their user account and not yours.