If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Fix for new transcoder?

CdkrashCdkrash Posts: 12Members ✭✭

I am running a full server as my Plex Server. Trying to play one movie and transcoding the one video now is killing my server. I have never had this issue before the latest update. I have had 5 devices playing movies simultaneously before and my server didn't even flinch. Now I can't play one movie without it locking up. What is going on?
Specs: Dual quad core Xeon processors, 16 GB RAM, 4 TB drives.

Answers

• trumpy81trumpy81 Posts: 9,742Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

That is not what I would expect to see at all. I would re-install Plex and possibly revert to an earlier version of Plex.

If that does not cure your ills, then I would look at your installation of Windows server and correct whatever is needed.

There are many other users who do not have any issues with transcoding on Windows server.

If you grab your Plex logs and attach them here, they might hold some clues, but no guarantees, as I do not believe this is a Plex issue.

Regards,
    Andy M.

My Equipment: Synology DS1813+ | Panasonic TH-L42ET60A & TH-55DX600U | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit PC's | Raspberry Pi 2's & Odroid C2 with OpenPHT

Device Profiles | File Naming in Plex | NAS - Plex Compatibility Guide | What CPU does my NAS have | Synology FAQ's page | Tips & Tricks
  • CdkrashCdkrash Posts: 12Members ✭✭
    edited July 16

I did some more investigating and restarted the server this morning. Everything started to work great again, until we tried to stream to Chromecast, or Visio smart TV. Playing from phones works flawlessly now, but I'm sure that will change. I have attached the logs after restart with only trying to cast to Chromecast and Visio TV. Both Max out the CPUs trying to play only one video at a time.

Update: I played a 30 minute movie on the Visio TV and it played just fine. Tried to play it again about an hour later and CPU stays at 100% until transcoder faults and video is dropped on TV. This is what looks to be happening like a domino effect getting worse throughout the day.

Update 2: Other Videos will peg the CPUs at 100% for about 5-10 minutes then run like a champ at 2% after that.I know there is a spike in the process but 5-10 minutes?

edited July 16

From your logs:

Jul 16, 2017 10:16:33.785 [2016] DEBUG - MDE: Design a Dog Ice, Ice Puggy: Direct Play is disabled
    Jul 16, 2017 10:16:33.785 [2016] DEBUG - MDE: Design a Dog Ice, Ice Puggy: media must be transcoded in order to use the dash protocol
    Jul 16, 2017 10:16:33.785 [2016] DEBUG - MDE: Design a Dog Ice, Ice Puggy: no direct play video profile exists for http/avi/msmpeg4v3
    Jul 16, 2017 10:16:33.785 [2016] DEBUG - MDE: Design a Dog Ice, Ice Puggy: no direct play video profile exists for http/avi/msmpeg4v3/mp3
    Jul 16, 2017 10:16:33.785 [2016] DEBUG - MDE: Design a Dog Ice, Ice Puggy: no remuxable profile found, so video stream will be transcoded
    Jul 16, 2017 10:16:33.785 [2016] DEBUG - Scaled up video bitrate to 3306Kbps based on 1.500000x fudge factor.

I believe the above is the problem in regard to the high CPU usage. msmpeg4v3 is notoriously bad and I would expect the high CPU usage to be caused by that file and an incompatible client.

I recommend that you re-encode that file and then try playing it on your TV and Chromecast.

I would also check your other files and if you find any using the msmpeg4v3 codec, re-encode them to H.264 also.

Regards,
    Andy M.

My Equipment: Synology DS1813+ | Panasonic TH-L42ET60A & TH-55DX600U | Windows 10 Professional 64Bit PC's | Raspberry Pi 2's & Odroid C2 with OpenPHT

Device Profiles | File Naming in Plex | NAS - Plex Compatibility Guide | What CPU does my NAS have | Synology FAQ's page | Tips & Tricks
    edited July 16

The devs have asked if you would do the following:

1. Reboot the Server
    2. Play a file on your TV that you know will peg the CPU for about 2 Mins or so.
    3. Wait another 2Mins or so and repeat the above, but this time using a file that does not cause the CPU to peg.
    4. Wait at least one minute, then grab all of the logs manually from C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Logs and place them into a .zip file. Include the logs contained in the Plugins Logs folder also.
    5. Please make a note of the times at which you played each file.
    6. Create a sample of the file you played and post it with your logs, please.

Follow this guide to create the sample file: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201035968-Generating-Sample-Files-from-Media

Also, if you would, tell us at what is the name of the file/s and also let us know what processes are consuming the CPU, is it one or multiple processes and what are the process names (Plex Media Server.exe, Plex Transcoder.exe etc.), thanks.

Regards,
    Andy M.

Sorry for the delay.... Ok Here is what I have

1. Movie Title: Gummi Bears 1-5 - This movie has played for the past 2 years without issue:
      *Played at 9:42 AM
      *PlexTranscoder (32 bit) usage - 99% CPU / PlexTranscoder.exe
      *Plex will not hold CPU at 100%, App becomes unresponsive and force closes PlexTranscoder.exe

2. Movie Title: Monster High Scarrier reef - This movie as well has played for the past 2 years without issue:
      *Played at 9:45 AM
      *CPU usage during start and play 0-2%

Thank you for your help!
    Cory D.

Thanks for providing that information.

First of all, your logs show no signs of playing anything, this is most likely because you waited far too long to grab the logs. The logs only cover a few minutes at a time, so waiting until 11:04PM to grab the logs means everything useful has been overwritten many hours ago.

The sample you provided plays absolutely fine, mostly because it has been re-encoded to H.264 (AVC) and is now in a .mkv container.

You should have used this command:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Plex\Plex Media Server\PlexTranscoder.exe" -i "C:\downloads\file.mp4" -t 120 -map 0 -c copy "output.mp4"

Since your input file was an .mp4 file and not an .mkv file.

As I stated earlier though, you should re-encode those files using HandBrake (free for PC/Mac) or any similar software.

The preferred format is MP4 H.264/AAC or AVC/AAC as this is the most compatible format across the most devices.

If using HandBrake, start with the Fast 1080p 30 preset and make sure you enable Web Optimised and on the Video tab, enable Fast Decode. All other settings should be fine, but do check them just in case.

Regards,
    Andy M.

edited July 23

Sir, I restarted the server played those 2 movies and then pulled the log file just as you requested.
    I did not wait 2 hours to pull the log files. The time that I played the movies was 9:42 AM, if you look at my post it was 10:17 AM.

The Original movie IS indeed coded in DVD-H.264-AAC.........
    And as far as the sample that I sent I used one of the methods that was suggest in the link that you provided. The sample that I sent you STILL did the 99% CPU usage. I tested it (as suggested) to ensure that the problem would reoccur.

This is what I was talking about. It can be said that it is wrong format, but how was I able to play these movies for 2 years without issue but now it is a format issue?

IF the sample that I sent you did in deed play fine without issue on your setup, then would it be safe to say that it is something in my Plex configuration?

If you look at the time stamp on the .rar file you will see that it was created at 9:49 AM, 7 minutes after starting the first movie.

edited July 23

My apologies, I was looking at someone else logs ... doh!

However, I still do not see logs covering the relevant time line. The last entry around that time period is:

Jul 23, 2017 09:37:24.199 [3944] DEBUG - Plex Tuner Service.exe exited.

And the relevant log file is missing for some reason, Plex Media Server.log

The method you used to create the sample was for mkv files, not for mp4 files. The article is not clear on that point though.

The original troublesome file (from your original logs) was encoded with msmpeg4v3 not H.264 and that is what I expected to see.

Since your sample was re-encoded .. it does demonstrate that transcoding is no longer required, but it does not explain what the issue is as far as the original file causing high CPU usage.

I am yet to see what is causing the high CPU usage, but suffice to say you should not be transcoding a H.264/AAC file full stop, that should be Direct Playing or at worst Direct Streaming.

To me, that would indicate an issue with the client. If you would, install MediaInfo and open the Gummi Bears 1-5 file and then go to the View menu and select 'Text'. Copy and paste that text here please.

What client device are you using for playback?
    What version of Plex app does it have?

Regards,
    Andy M.

edited July 23

Vizio Sigma - V1.5.6-UHD
    Plex Version - 3.8.0
    This issue happens on Chromecast as well. Casting from Andriod Samsung Galaxy 7 Phone (updated app)

General
    Complete name : F:\ServerFolders\Videos\Kids Movies\Gummi Bears\Gummi Bears 1x05 - Can I Keep Him [DVD-H.264-AAC].mp4
    Format : MPEG-4
    Format profile : Base Media
    Codec ID : isom (isom/avc1)
    File size : 70.0 MiB
    Duration : 11 min 12 s
    Overall bit rate mode : Variable
    Overall bit rate : 873 kb/s
    Encoded date : UTC 2007-09-02 03:47:45
    Tagged date : UTC 2007-09-02 03:47:45

Video
    ID : 1
    Format : AVC
    Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
    Format profile : High@L5.1
    Format settings, CABAC : Yes
    Format settings, RefFrames : 6 frames
    Codec ID : avc1
    Codec ID/Info : Advanced Video Coding
    Bit rate : 801 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate : 1 980 kb/s
    Width : 560 pixels
    Height : 416 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 4:3
    Frame rate mode : Constant
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.143
    Stream size : 64.3 MiB (92%)
    Title : Video
    Writing library : x264 core 54 svn-654
    Encoding settings : cabac=1 / ref=3 / deblock=1:0:0 / analyse=0x3:0x133 / me=hex / subme=6 / brdo=1 / mixed_ref=1 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=1 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / chroma_qp_offset=0 / threads=3 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / mbaff=0 / bframes=3 / b_pyramid=1 / b_adapt=1 / b_bias=0 / direct=1 / wpredb=1 / bime=1 / keyint=250 / keyint_min=25 / scenecut=40(pre) / rc=2pass / bitrate=801 / ratetol=1.0 / rceq='blurCplx^(1-qComp)' / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / cplxblur=20.0 / qblur=0.5 / ip_ratio=1.40 / pb_ratio=1.30
    Encoded date : UTC 2007-09-02 03:47:45
    Tagged date : UTC 2007-09-02 03:47:48

Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec
    Format profile : HE-AAC / LC
    Codec ID : 40
    Bit rate mode : Variable
    Bit rate : 68.5 kb/s
    Maximum bit rate : 81.9 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 2 channels
    Channel positions : Front: L R
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz / 24.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 23.438 FPS (1024 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Stream size : 5.49 MiB (8%)
    Title : English
    Language : English
    Encoded date : UTC 2007-09-02 03:47:48
    Tagged date : UTC 2007-09-02 03:47:48

OK, thanks for that. There are two parameters which raise my eyebrows. The first is the High Code Level at 5.1, I believe that may be too high for the Vizio and is definitely too high for the Chromecast and the second is the RefFrame count of 6, those parameters should be 4.1 and 4 or 5 respectively.

And the way to avoid transcoding with this file is, you guessed it ... re-encode the file.

So that explains why the file is being transcoded. Now if we can just find why the transcoding is pegging the CPU we'll be good.

To that end, could I ask you to repeat the following:

1. Reboot the Server
    2. Play the Gummi Bears 1-5 file on your TV for about 2 Mins or so.
    3. Wait another 2 Mins or so and repeat the above, but this time use the Monster High Scarrier reef file that does not cause the CPU to peg.
      Wait at least one minute, then grab all of the logs by clicking on the download logs button in Plex settings->server->help.
    4. Please make a note of the times at which you played each file.

Also, if you would, try setting the Transcoder quality to the default Automatic in Plex settings->server->transcoder and let me know if that reduces the CPU usage or not, assuming you had it set to something else of course.

Regards,
    Andy M.

edited July 24

OK, here are my notes:

GB 1-5 played at 8:51 PM - Timed out after 30 Seconds

MH Scarrier reef played at 8:54 PM - Played for 2 minutes

Even with the Transcoder quality set to Automatic it still hold CPUs at 99% for the 30 seconds until it times out

edited July 24

From your logs:

Jul 23, 2017 20:51:23.953 [2984] DEBUG - MDE: Gummi Bears 1x05 Can I Keep Him: Direct Play is disabled
    Jul 23, 2017 20:51:23.953 [2984] DEBUG - MDE: Gummi Bears 1x05 Can I Keep Him: media must be transcoded in order to use the dash protocol
    Jul 23, 2017 20:51:23.953 [2984] DEBUG - MDE: Gummi Bears 1x05 Can I Keep Him: no direct play video profile exists for http/mp4/h264
    Jul 23, 2017 20:51:23.953 [2984] DEBUG - MDE: Gummi Bears 1x05 Can I Keep Him: no direct play video profile exists for http/mp4/h264/aac
    Jul 23, 2017 20:51:23.953 [2984] DEBUG - Gummi Bears 1x05 Can I Keep Him - video.level limitation applies: 51 > 42

As I suspected, the High Code Level of 5.1 is what is causing the transcode, the highest level your Vizio can play is 4.2 as indicated in the last line above. The file may need to be transcoded for your TV in any case though, due to the use of the Dash protocol.

As far as I can tell, the file is decoding at much too high a rate and that is causing the high CPU usage. I may be wrong though.

I have asked someone else to take a look at your logs, to make sure I haven't missed anything, but unfortunately he is sleeping at present. I will let you know if he finds anything once he has arisen and had time to look at your logs.

Regards,
    Andy M.

• JuiceWSAJuiceWSA Posts: 6,769Members ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24

1) Handy Handbrake Guide in my signature.
    2) Level 4.1 is plenty
    3) 4 Reference Frames is plenty
    4) AAC 2.0 LC is more likely to Direct Play on nearly everything, while AAC 5.1 is more likely to explode on everything as is ANY AAC at ANYTHING other than LC (Main=The Makings of a Great Train Wreck). AC3 5.1 is quite compatible, but YMMV.
    5) Plex's Transcoder is a bit Mentally Retarded. Use it at your own risk. Yes, it's been more Mentally Retarded lately than usual. Perhaps it's sniffing a better grade of glue - who knows.

and

6) Anytime you've got your CPU slammed up against the wall frisking it for contraband, you'd better make sure you have good airflow. I mention this because not two hours ago I performed the bi-monthly maintenance on mine, have it slammed up against the wall right now with a couple of Handbrake jobs and it's running at 158F - system reports all is well.

Tony

FileBot For Easy Plex File Naming: http://www.filebot.net/

Automated Plex Naming With Filebot: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/191687/plex-naming-schemes-for-filebot

Plex Friendly Handbrake Guide - DVDs/BluRays: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1335697/#Comment_1335697

Plex Clients: AFTVs, Androids, PMP, Rokus (running RARflix: http://mkvxstream.blogspot.com/2014/09/roku-plex-setup-guide.html ) Link May Work - May Not

First I would like to thank you for your time on this.

I guess the biggest question is this. Why is this just now happening? I have had these movies for a couple years and Plex never balked at playing them........... Until now.

I have quite a few other movies that do this as well, so it's not just this one. I used it as the example because my daughter wanted to watch Gummi Bears and now it won't play at all.

So without going through and figuring out which of the 4000+ videos need converting ......... What can I do to make Plex "play nice and like" playing these movies seamlessly again?

Again, thank you for all your help!

Have you always had the Vizio TV and the Chromecast?

The problem is not so much with PMS and your server, it is with your clients. For example, you could avoid a lot of the issues you are seeing by investing in a Raspberry Pi 3 and plugging that into your TV via HDMI.

Why? because the Raspberry Pi 3 running RasPlex/OpenPHT has wider support for the various formats and a higher tolerance of the encoding parameters used by various videos. Your Vizio TV and Chromecast have very limited support for formats other than MP4 and very limited support for the various parameters that a video may contain.

I'm not suggesting you rush out and buy a RPi3, but that would be one solution. And keep in mind that the RPi3 is by no means perfect, there are still many formats and parameters that can and do cause issues with them also.

Of course the best solution and easiest solution is to re-encode the file/s. You say you have 4000 videos and it would be a hassle to sort them out, and you would be right, but I have close to 20000 videos and 99.8% of them can be Direct Played on my RPi3 or my Odroid C2.

I have a mix of Xvid, AVC and H.264 in .avi, .mp4 and .mkv containers with a few oddball formats thrown in (although I am slowly weeding those out) and the only reason I can Direct Play all of my files is because I am willing to work on them from time to time and get them sorted and organised so that they will Direct Play.

That means I have done a lot of re-encoding using a few different programs, including HandBrake. I am currently repairing a lot of files due to a power event and a failed UPS, but that's another story.

Of course, you cannot discount damage to the files, which can be caused by a number of factors. The most common cause of damaged files is a power event, where your computer or HDD shuts down suddenly, that can corrupt the data you have stored on that computer/HDD and you end up with a file or files that were once perfect, but are now damaged.

That damage is not always enough to prevent the file from playing, but it can be enough that it upsets your more sensitive clients.

Also, some files are damaged before you ever download them because they were poorly encoded, usually by an inexperienced user who did not understand what the best settings to use were or the software they used was simply not up to the task.

Since you use Windows, see Q28 on the Synology FAQ's page, I have a batch file that will check your files for damage or poor encoding, link in my signature.

Keep in mind, it will not check for file parameters that are out of range for your devices, only for encoding/decoding errors within the file.

Using MediaInfo, you can open folders that contain many video files and use it to page through the files and show you the basic info, codecs used, resolution, High Code Level and RefFrames used. You need to switch to 'text' view for more detailed analysis of each file though.

Regards,
    Andy M.

So.... The Chromecast(s) I had before I started using Plex. They were the reason I found and started using Plex almost 4 years ago. I searched for media players and Boom, Plex was there and I haven't looked back since. The Vizio TV was purchased 2 years ago and until now has really had no issues playing anything.

If re-encoding is required from here out (which is fine, just wish there was a heads up), is hand break the best choice for taking on this task? If I'm going to do a mass conversion I would like to do it now before I get to your level :smile: .

I will take you up on the advise of checking for damaged files. I thought about that before and figured that I would just replace them as I came across them.

Any other idea on how to optimize My Plex server? Being in IT I don't like half-assing a solution. All or go home for me.

It's hard to say why this issue has popped up now, I really have no answer for that, suffice to say that it has. ;)

Plex is like anything worth having, you learn as you go along ... lol

Handbrake is among many tools that I use. I also use Avidemux and XMedia Recode. XMedia Recode has very good batch file support and the results are very good, but some of the settings are for the more advanced user, which is why I don't recommend it very often. Avidemux is in the same boat, some assembly required ... lol

Both are still easy enough to use though.

Checking your files with that .bat file may reveal things you'd rather not know about. You should note that not all of the errors it will spit out are serious and they wont prevent the majority of files from playing, but like anything, it is best to correct them before you move on.

The only other thing you need to be concerned about is file naming. File naming can cause some issues for the unwary and that can lead to mismatching or no match at all, but the more important aspect is the additional resources you can waste, like valuable CPU cycles, extra RAM that is needed to store those 30 million character file names and network bandwidth needed to send those 30 million character file names. It all adds up, besides neatness counts! ... lol

To that end, I highly recommend using FileBot to automatically name your files for you.

FileBot:
    https://www.filebot.net

Plex naming schemes for FileBot:
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/191687/plex-naming-schemes-for-filebot/p1

FileBot Introductory Videos:
    http://www.filebot.net/getting-started/

Other than that, I think you pretty much have things covered. If you happen upon better, faster, easier ways of performing the needed operations, please let me know, I'm always open to new ideas and suggestions.

Regards,
    Andy M.

• JuiceWSAJuiceWSA Posts: 6,769Members ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24

You should probably closely inspect the settings of the Plex app in that TV. If it ever updated, or if the Gods of Murphy struck, the settings that used to work for years may have leaped back to the defaults. If it's possible you could also check to see if that Plex app can be upgraded. With Plex upgrading regularly, outdated apps rarely work for long if they too are not updated.

Trumpy's suggestion of a real device plugged into that TV with a real updated app loaded on it is one I can't recommend highly enough myself even though I'm sitting here right now with two devices basically bricked - one by it's manufacturer (Roku) unable to develop stable FW for snot (they're 'working on it' - so they say) - and the other by the AFTV Plex App Development Team that went for a walk in the woods and was never seen from again - that mystery yet to be solved (I suspect the Big Bad Wolf).

Tony

FileBot For Easy Plex File Naming: http://www.filebot.net/

Automated Plex Naming With Filebot: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/191687/plex-naming-schemes-for-filebot

Plex Friendly Handbrake Guide - DVDs/BluRays: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1335697/#Comment_1335697

Plex Clients: AFTVs, Androids, PMP, Rokus (running RARflix: http://mkvxstream.blogspot.com/2014/09/roku-plex-setup-guide.html ) Link May Work - May Not

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,172Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

@Cdkrash said:
    OK, here are my notes:

GB 1-5 played at 8:51 PM - Timed out after 30 Seconds

MH Scarrier reef played at 8:54 PM - Played for 2 minutes

Even with the Transcoder quality set to Automatic it still hold CPUs at 99% for the 30 seconds until it times out

I would suggest separating the two issues
    1. Errors and Timeouts
    2. High CPU Usage when transcoding

It is possible that both are caused by the same underlying problem - but I would recommend first concentrating on the errors and timeouts and getting samples that exhibit the same failures.

So for example in this last test you had a timeout after 30 seconds
    The logs show WAN connection requesting the media and the DASH protocol is used
    It shows a number of requests completing ok but then the device app is reporting an error.

This extract shows the requests for the DASH segments being completed ok

Jul 23, 2017 20:51:27.187 [4944] DEBUG - Request: [24.178.185.175:55756 (WAN)] GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/7s6te8qj8y0b68xjjlrb5hnz/0/initial.mp4 (20 live) GZIP Signed-in
    Jul 23, 2017 20:51:27.187 [3968] DEBUG - Completed: [24.178.185.175:55756] 200 GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/7s6te8qj8y0b68xjjlrb5hnz/0/initial.mp4 (20 live) GZIP 3ms 789 bytes (pipelined: 2)

Jul 23, 2017 20:51:27.187 [4436] DEBUG - Request: [24.178.185.175:55736 (WAN)] GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/7s6te8qj8y0b68xjjlrb5hnz/1/initial.mp4 (20 live) GZIP Signed-in
    Jul 23, 2017 20:51:27.187 [3968] DEBUG - Completed: [24.178.185.175:55736] 200 GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/7s6te8qj8y0b68xjjlrb5hnz/1/initial.mp4 (20 live) GZIP 2ms 743 bytes (pipelined: 19)

Jul 23, 2017 20:51:27.437 [4944] DEBUG - Request: [24.178.185.175:55737 (WAN)] GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/7s6te8qj8y0b68xjjlrb5hnz/1/0.m4s (20 live) GZIP Signed-in
    Jul 23, 2017 20:51:27.453 [2984] DEBUG - Request: [24.178.185.175:55759 (WAN)] GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/7s6te8qj8y0b68xjjlrb5hnz/0/0.m4s (19 live) GZIP Signed-in
    Jul 23, 2017 20:51:27.469 [3968] DEBUG - Completed: [24.178.185.175:55737] 200 GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/7s6te8qj8y0b68xjjlrb5hnz/1/0.m4s (19 live) GZIP 35ms 69923 bytes (pipelined: 19)
    Jul 23, 2017 20:51:27.687 [3968] DEBUG - Completed: [24.178.185.175:55759] 200 GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/7s6te8qj8y0b68xjjlrb5hnz/0/0.m4s (19 live) GZIP 236ms 591979 bytes (pipelined: 2)

Jul 23, 2017 20:51:27.687 [4436] DEBUG - Request: [24.178.185.175:55738 (WAN)] GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/7s6te8qj8y0b68xjjlrb5hnz/1/1.m4s (19 live) GZIP Signed-in
    Jul 23, 2017 20:51:28.000 [4944] DEBUG - Request: [24.178.185.175:55736 (WAN)] GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/7s6te8qj8y0b68xjjlrb5hnz/0/1.m4s (17 live) GZIP Signed-in
    Jul 23, 2017 20:51:28.165 [3972] DEBUG - Completed: [24.178.185.175:55738] 200 GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/7s6te8qj8y0b68xjjlrb5hnz/1/1.m4s (18 live) GZIP 466ms 70640 bytes (pipelined: 16)
    Jul 23, 2017 20:51:28.290 [3968] DEBUG - Completed: [24.178.185.175:55736] 200 GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/7s6te8qj8y0b68xjjlrb5hnz/0/1.m4s (18 live) GZIP 280ms 1272758 bytes (pipelined: 20)

Jul 23, 2017 20:51:28.509 [4944] DEBUG - Request: [24.178.185.175:55737 (WAN)] GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/7s6te8qj8y0b68xjjlrb5hnz/1/2.m4s (18 live) GZIP Signed-in
    Jul 23, 2017 20:51:28.775 [4436] DEBUG - Request: [24.178.185.175:55756 (WAN)] GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/7s6te8qj8y0b68xjjlrb5hnz/0/2.m4s (19 live) GZIP Signed-in
    Jul 23, 2017 20:51:29.072 [3968] DEBUG - Completed: [24.178.185.175:55737] 200 GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/7s6te8qj8y0b68xjjlrb5hnz/1/2.m4s (19 live) GZIP 560ms 72740 bytes (pipelined: 20)
    Jul 23, 2017 20:51:29.322 [3968] DEBUG - Completed: [24.178.185.175:55756] 200 GET /video/:/transcode/universal/dash/7s6te8qj8y0b68xjjlrb5hnz/0/2.m4s (19 live) GZIP 534ms 1237344 bytes (pipelined: 4)

after this we had error in playback reported by the Plex for Samrt TV App and playback position remained at 0

Jul 23, 2017 20:52:24.447 [2984] DEBUG - Request: [24.178.185.175:55736 (WAN)] GET /:/timeline?hasMDE=1&ratingKey=680&key=%2Flibrary%2Fmetadata%2F680&state=playing&playQueueItemID=11213&time=0&duration=672922 (13 live) GZIP Signed-in Token (Cdkrash)
    Jul 23, 2017 20:52:24.462 [3968] DEBUG - Completed: [24.178.185.175:55736] 200 GET /:/timeline?hasMDE=1&ratingKey=680&key=%2Flibrary%2Fmetadata%2F680&state=playing&playQueueItemID=11213&time=0&duration=672922 (13 live) GZIP 13ms 759 bytes (pipelined: 25)

Jul 23, 2017 20:52:28.556 [4436] DEBUG - Request: [24.178.185.175:55736 (WAN)] GET /:/timeline?hasMDE=1&ratingKey=680&key=%2Flibrary%2Fmetadata%2F680&state=error&playQueueItemID=11213&time=0&duration=672922 (12 live) GZIP Signed-in Token (Cdkrash)
    Jul 23, 2017 20:52:28.556 [4436] DEBUG - Client [e9yq9p0fydrl7gtomnxs5zic] reporting timeline state error, progress of 0/672922ms for guid=, ratingKey=680 url=, key=/library/metadata/680, containerKey=, metadataId=680
    Jul 23, 2017 20:52:28.572 [3972] DEBUG - Completed: [24.178.185.175:55736] 200 GET /:/timeline?hasMDE=1&ratingKey=680&key=%2Flibrary%2Fmetadata%2F680&state=error&playQueueItemID=11213&time=0&duration=672922 (12 live) GZIP 11ms 760 bytes (pipelined: 26)

There should be some Plex for Smart TV debug logging option in the settings of the client to sent debug info to the server.

Does the sample Plex test GB 1-5-001.mkv play ok on the TV (Plex for Vizio (Vizio Sigma V1.5.6-UHD))?

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows