If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex unable to connect on Fire Stick app, but connects from Android app

nbowen81nbowen81 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have a media server successfully running that is connecting correctly to my Android app no problem. However the Fire stick which is on the same network connected only once the very first time, and since has not connected again. I've tried changing security settings, opening ports, but nothing seems to let the fire stick connect.

Anyone have any ideas?

Answers

• bbubulkabbubulka Posts: 93Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had TONS of issues with connectivity concerning my fire stick! It was bad enough I moved to the Roku and haven't had any issues since than! :)

Does your fire stick have USB power plugged in?
    Have you tried moving your fire stick away from the back of your TV? I bought a HDMI extension to move the device away from the back of my TV (I read about interference) and it worked a little better but wasn't the fix.

Good Luck!!

PLEX Setup:
    Server Side: Dell R410 (16 Core | 16GB RAM) / Ubuntu Desktop 16.04.01 64bit / Synology RS812 & RS814 (9TB @ RAID 5)
    Client Side: Roku 4 (x4)

Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.

• nbowen81nbowen81 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

yea USB power connected in, I actually have it plugged into a projector through an hdmi extension (I actually have another box in the middle to split out audio, so it's very far away from other things). So far I've had zero problems with the fire stick at all, but this one app has been having connection issues.

Of course I say that but today for no good reason it magically worked again.

• bbubulkabbubulka Posts: 93Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So your says the fire stick can connect to the network and other apps on the fire stick work ok? Try logging into the server, go to server settings / devices and delete the fire stick entry. You'll have to sign back into PLEX from the fire stick itself but that may work.....that is if your fire stick messes up again :)

PLEX Setup:
    Server Side: Dell R410 (16 Core | 16GB RAM) / Ubuntu Desktop 16.04.01 64bit / Synology RS812 & RS814 (9TB @ RAID 5)
    Client Side: Roku 4 (x4)

Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.