Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

DS 713+ obsolete?

eiderneidern Members Posts: 27 ✭✭

Hello everyone, These past few year my PMS, DS713+,samsung TV my AppleTV and I were more than happy together seeing what we wanted when we wanted and we think living like this until death us depart :)
BUT these times, as files are getting bigger I'm experiencing some troubles and I'm wondering if it's my DS713+ that's not powerful enough..
I get some movies in /mkv format that sizes 10GB . If i try to see it from an AppleTV (connected in wifi) it took ages to load in directplay and freeze every 40sec.
No matter, i try it on my samsung TV which is connected in ethernet with CPL at 2000Mbps, still freezing..
Well, let's see it from my computer, in ethernet directly (no cpl) but it's worse : every movies (even thoses that weight 600MB) took ages to load and freezes.

Other movies with lighter sizes plays well on AppleTV and SamsungTV. but plays like crap in PMS player directly on synology app.

May it be a problem of DS713 cpu obsolete, or is it more a connection problem ?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• eiderneidern Members Posts: 27 ✭✭

Thanks for your detailed answer :)

I'm re-encoding right now.
    It may be worth making a post explaining these dark encoding options and differences with pro and cons of each formats.
    So far I've only found extremly detailed "profane unfriendly" informations ;)
    Thanks again