Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can't connect to my media server from LG UH950V on same network

I have installed plex media server (version 1.7.5.403) on my MacBook (macOs Sierra 10.12.5). Also I have plex application on my LG UH950V (webOS version 04.30.95, plex version 3.8.0). Both laptop and TV are on same network and subnet.

Problem I have is that TV can't connect to my media server. Message I'm getting is "MacOS is offline or unreachable". IP address printed on same screen matches to the address of my laptop. Also I see TV in "devices" tab when using plex web app from my laptop.

I have also tried to connect server from my iPhone and windows laptop on same network and it worked fine from both of them which I believe rules out firewall or antivirus interference.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I'm attaching my Plex server logs (debug logging is enabled, verbose logging is disabled).

Comments

• Gdr56Gdr56 Members Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭

@JanisUp said:
    I have installed plex media server (version 1.7.5.403) on my MacBook (macOs Sierra 10.12.5). Also I have plex application on my LG UH950V (webOS version 04.30.95, plex version 3.8.0). Both laptop and TV are on same network and subnet.

Problem I have is that TV can't connect to my media server. Message I'm getting is "MacOS is offline or unreachable". IP address printed on same screen matches to the address of my laptop. Also I see TV in "devices" tab when using plex web app from my laptop.

I have also tried to connect server from my iPhone and windows laptop on same network and it worked fine from both of them which I believe rules out firewall or antivirus interference.

Any ideas on how to resolve this? I'm attaching my Plex server logs (debug logging is enabled, verbose logging is disabled).

Firstly try a PMS setting , network/secure settings. Try "preferred" save and restart everything including TV from wall socket.

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

• JanisUpJanisUp Members Posts: 7 ✭✭

Have already done that. Have restarted multiple times, removed TV from wall socket. Sadly none of that helped.

@JanisUp said:
    Have already done that. Have restarted multiple times, removed TV from wall socket. Sadly none of that helped.

TV settings, have you the IP address of server in place

TV:(1). LG 65UB950T UHD Smart TV, (2). Hisense 50K3300UW.Receiver Onkyo TX-NR646 Network Receiver, ARC configured. Satellite TV: Foxtel Australia Q2. Blu- ray Player: Playstation PS3.Server: iMac Late 2015, 32Gb Ram, 3.2GHz Intel i5 Skylake processors.Storage: 3 WD External USB3 HDD. Devices: 2 iPad Air 2 connected with AC Wifi Dual Band. Network: Gigabite Ethernet hardwired , 5 outlets with Cat 6 and 2 Ethernet switches, Full Duplex, AVB mode enabled Remotes: Onkyo ios app, Plex ios, Onkymote, LG Magic remote.Speakers: Bowers and Wilkins Floor Standing Fronts and Mordaunt-Short Genie, Centre, 200W Powered Sub & 4 Satellite Surrounds. Configured for 7.1 Channels.

Are we Wireless or Ethernet connected

@Gdr56 said:

@JanisUp said:

What do you mean with that? Autodetected IP of server is correct. Have also tried to enter manually, however result is exactly the same - no connection.

@JanisUp said:

@Gdr56 said:

@JanisUp said:

What do you mean with that? Autodetected IP of server is correct. Have also tried to enter manually, however result is exactly the same - no connection.

Is your server detectable via Media share/DLNA must be enabled in PMS settings

DNLA is enabled. Server settings are set to defaults.

To answer earlier question - both devices are on same wireless network.

edited July 16

Have you tried a new lease on your wifi connection? Have you fixed/ static your LAN IP addresses in the Modem Router. please , not to be confused with your ISP WAN IP.

@JanisUp said:

Can you see on the TV , Media share, Devices. Plex Server is available. Icon will be present.

@Gdr56 said:

@JanisUp said:

Can you see on the TV , Media share, Devices. Plex Server is available. Icon will be present.

Sorry, I don't quite get what you mean. Can you please be more specific?

For IP's - I haven't explicitly set them to static, however they are not changing that often.

@JanisUp said:

@Gdr56 said:

@JanisUp said:

Sorry, I don't quite get what you mean. Can you please be more specific?

On your TV you can view your media via DLNA. In the LG/ WebOS user interface there is "mediashare" tile, might be called something similar. If you have connected in Device Connector, example: Computer. The plex Icon should appear in media share as an available device. You can access content with a less than pretty interface but yet functional.

edited July 16

By the way have you restarted your Modem recently or run a VPN? If using a VPN try turning off. Also the TV DNS change it to 8.8.8.8 from your default DNS

Ok, have checked with sharing and LG device connector doesn't see server. Their help suggested to check whether multicasting is enabled in the router, so have checked and enabled, however that didn't helped.

Yes, I have restarted the router today. And I don't run VPN.

For DNS change - given that TV is supposed to communicate with my laptop trough IP only, DNS server shouldn't even be involved, so changing to Google's DNS is unlikely to help.

@JanisUp said:
    Ok, have checked with sharing and LG device connector doesn't see server. Their help suggested to check whether multicasting is enabled in the router, so have checked and enabled, however that didn't helped.

Yes, I have restarted the router today. And I don't run VPN.

For DNS change - given that TV is supposed to communicate with my laptop trough IP only, DNS server shouldn't even be involved, so changing to Google's DNS is unlikely to help.

So you think your TV only communicates with you Laptop, Good for you. I'am sorry I can not help you

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,033 Plex Pass

Is there any way to initiate a ping from the TV to the server? I'm not at all familiar with that smart TV, but if there's an app or a network diagnostic that would help eliminate the TV network connection as the stoppage.

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: 1.7.5 running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision