If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Restoring a deleted TV show to The Plex Library

Johnrob1955Johnrob1955 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited July 16 in QNAP

I accidentally deleted Ultimate Force from my Plex TV show library and emptied trash. This deleted the file from my Qnap Media server.
I re-installed the file onto the Qnap then updated the library in Plex. It doesn't bring the program into the TV show library now and as it did appear before I know all the naming conventions are correct.
Is there a work around for this problem ?
This issue may be more complex than I thought. Some Movies recently uploaded to my media server are also not being picked up by the movie library scan I have just applied the new qpackage plex update to my Qnap server - may this be causing issues ?

Best Answer

• Johnrob1955Johnrob1955 Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

The issue is resolved now. It was connected to the update. I installed the plex qnap 64 bit version on my qnap and it immediately updated both the missing TV program and the movies that didn't previously show with the scan

Answers

edited July 16

This issue may be more complex than I thought. Some Movies recently uploaded to my media server are also not being picked up by the movie library scan Please ignore this comment I have attached the content to the original post - Newbie error !

• ChuckPAChuckPA Posts: 17,606Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

One of the most common 'newbie' problems is understanding how to name and structure your media. (it bit my butt at first too.. haha)

the 'quick trick' to adding back any entries you deleted (but the media is still there) is simple:

1. Open File Station
    2. Move the item (TV Series or Movie or Music) to a safe location PMS doesn't monitor (any other share will do)
    3. Update libraries
    4. Empty Trash
    5. Clean Bundles (this removes the entries from the database and the metadata info)
    6. Move the media back into its original location
    7. Update Libraries again

We call this the 'Plex Dance" :D

Please DISABLE Verbose logging until requested

Please search before posting

Primary support forums: Linux, Synology, and QNAP

Please remember to report back. This benefits others.

Useful links

Installation and Basic Setup |  Media Preparation (How to name your media files)  |  Linux Permissions 

Handling TV Specials | Handling Movie extras  |  Nas Compatibility List

Reporting Plex Server issues | Plex Media Server FAQ | Linux Tips

Other useful guides: Local Subtitles | The Plex "dance" | Synology FAQ | PMS Release Announcements

No technical support via PM unless offered

Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.

Accepted Answer

The issue is resolved now. It was connected to the update. I installed the plex qnap 64 bit version on my qnap and it immediately updated both the missing TV program and the movies that didn't previously show with the scan