If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

I Can't Access My Server With My Roku Box

mroopmroop Posts: 19Members ✭✭

It was working fine yesterday and then it wasn't. I seem to have this issue every few months, but it usually resolves on it's own after rebooting a few times or waiting a couple hours.

Right now my server reads as "Nearby" but it was reading "Remote" earlier. I can access my friend's server out of state under "Shared Library Sections" and I can watch qued YouTube videos, but the "Home Videos" icon does not appear on my Roku and that points to my C:/Downloads folder.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm not a technical person and any issues that I've had getting to my server have always just gone away after a short while. Thanks.

Answers

• mroopmroop Posts: 19Members ✭✭
    edited July 16

I can access my server using the Roku with the laptop (server) connected to the wireless router with an ethernet cable.