Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Rename Fire TV Stick in Plex

stevefxpstevefxp Members, Plex Pass Posts: 27 Plex Pass

Right now Plex shows my Fire Stick as AFTT in the devices section. This is ok for now since I only have one Fire Stick. I am about to add two additional sticks and would prefer to name them by the room they are used in. Second this rename also helps when using Plex with Amazon Echo, as you have real names for each player.

Answers

• Elijah_BaleyElijah_Baley Members, Plex Pass Posts: 4,020 Plex Pass

I do not think this is something Plex has found important enough to implement. But I only have one Fire device so I cannot be sure. But there has been a lot of discussion about renaming Fire devices and I do not remember any resolution.

Some of the great mysteries of the universe:
    Why does the word "monosyllabic" have so many syllables?
    Why do we drive on "parkways" and park on "driveways?"
    Why are there interstate highways in Hawaii?
    When they ship Styrofoam what do they pack it in?
    If you buy a bottle of cotton balls do you throw out the first one?
    What happens if you are scared half to death twice?
    Each pig has four feet and two ears so, why are pig feet more expensive that pig ears?
    Why should people go out and pay money to see bad films when they can stay at home and see bad television for nothing?
    What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?
    "What happens if a big asteroid hits Earth? Judging from realistic simulations involving a sledge hammer and a common laboratory frog, we can assume it will be pretty bad." Dave Barry

• kegobeer-plexkegobeer-plex Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,122 Plex Pass

This problem lies in almost every Plex client app - the inability to name it something different. It's something I wish Plex would add to each client, because when you have several of the same device it's hard to differentiate them.

Where are my log files?

How do I properly name my media files?

NVIDIA SHIELD SMB/NAS Sharing How-To - / - NVIDIA SHIELD Support Documents

Plex Server: 1.7.5 running on ThinkServer TS140 w/Server 2012 R2 Essentials
    Primary Plex Player: Shield TV, always the latest beta build, always the latest firmware revision