Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Is there a way to change the episode order not based on air date?

pmcarlsonjrpmcarlsonjr Members Posts: 5 ✭✭

I've been running into this recently as I increase my library after Sonarr integration.

Firefly for example plays in a different order on the DVD/Bluray release since Fox gave no **** and originally aired them out of order. Plex seems to want to sort exclusively by air-date, which makes sense. But in the rare case such as this is there a fix? I went through and renamed every episode to re-sort by air-date then created a playlist for the DVD order but this is less than ideal. Which is exacerbated by the next part... two part episodes.

Seinfeld has some two-parters that may have aired separately but were put together for DVD release and the updated HD versions. Plex is going off the air order so it see's some as 2 episodes so when you are watching on your TV it will play those episodes twice because it associates the double episode file with both individual ones.

Is there a way to modify the info that has been matched? I've tried to Fix the Match and there are no other options. I could unmatch and name them all myself but the best part of Plex is it getting the screenshots and all the episode info that I would in no way fill in. And since I plan on finally getting a Plex Pass and sharing the wealth of my library with friends I'd like to make sure everything is in order.

Answers