Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Labels Restriction & NAS Mounted Media

rqcrqc Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited July 17 in NVIDIA SHIELD

I am using the Labels Restriction to limit what my kids see when they connect. This has worked 100% when I had Plex running on my Synology NAS. However when I run Plex from my NVidia Shield Pro and mount the same directories from the NAS, it won't show any movies in their lists. If I turn off the Labels Restriction, all the movies show up, so the issue seems tied to using the Label Restriction. Does the NVidia version of Plex Media Server not support the Label Restrictions for Managed Users? I could probably get around this by creating two directories for movies, one that contained all the kid movies and another that contains the other movies but this makes the Restrictions functionality essentially useless. Plex has read/write access to the NAS directories.

Rick