Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cloud Sync - OneDrive

stevefxpstevefxp Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I would like to use Cloud Sync, so I can sync local movies for consumption by myself and friends, when not connected to my PMS. Is this still and option, and if yes is there a document that describes what to do to set this up?

Tagged:

Best Answers

Answers

• stevefxpstevefxp Posts: 29Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ahh thanks for that. While I wish OneDrive was a provider it is not a showstopper for me.

Does anyone know if you can sync from Cloud Sync to local devices? My ultimate goal is to provide synced content that can be retrieved from anywhere in the world, other than from my local PMS server, which is not always available.

That is very disappointing...it would be nice to have this interoperability.

• eviltizzyeviltizzy Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited August 10

This link shows OneDrive as an option on Plex Cloud...
    I also do not see OneDrive as an option, just Box (which is not listed in the link), GoogleDrive, and Dropbox.
    https://stagingeu-www.plex.tv/support/articles/226825168-faq-plex-cloud/

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 24,374Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

@eviltizzy said:
    This link shows OneDrive as an option on Plex Cloud...

'Cloud Sync' is not 'Plex Cloud'.
    These are very different things.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging

Agreed..but the problem with Plex Cloud is that you cannot sync content to mobile devices from the service. This is why I am looking at Cloud Sync as a potential alternative. The issue with that is they do not support OneDrive.