Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Migrating server, new server can't see any media files.

ianianianianianian Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass

I have server A and B, both are Windows 10 pro boxes. Server A is my current Plex box and has been working fine. I'm upgrading to a new server (Server B) but don't want to lose access so I have both servers running with different Plex server names. Server B is a clean install of Windows 10 Pro with the same software set up as Server A (I.e. identical AV and so on).

The original (Server A) continues to work. Server B appears to work and can be accessed through the web console, but cannot see any media. I have libraries set up in two locations, an external drive and an internal drive. The library types cover all the options; music, movie, tv and misc video. I can't make any list any media.

Any ideas where to start?

Answers

• ianianianianianian Members, Plex Pass Posts: 12 Plex Pass

Ok, disregard. I could see the libraries and edit them, although they showed no media. Rebooted (again) and all the libraries disappeared. Added one library from a remote PC and it immediately started populating.

I've been buggering around with it for the last hour, so I guess it fears the might of the forum :)