If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Audio out of sync on nVidia Shield Pro/Synology DS416

mikeusqmikeusq Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I just bought all of the new equipment and set everything up to run Plex, and something is going on that's concerning:

• LG 4K Television
  • Marantz SR6010 Receiver
  • nVidia Shield Pro (running the Plex server, attached to the receiver)
  • HDHomerun Prime with CableCard
  • Synology DS416Play Diskstation
  • Two WD Red Pro WD8001FFWX 8TB 7200 RPM in Raid 0 configuration
  • Plex Premium Pass and DVR Live is Set Up
  • Verizon FIOS

Everything that requires a connection is connected via Ethernet cables.

It's been a journey to get this all set up and my media found. But I got there.

I started recording MAS*H on the Sundance channel. I noticed that when I play episodes back, the audio starts to drop behind the video just a bit - enough that I can tell the video is a couple of seconds ahead of the audio. Driving me crazy seeing lips moving out of sync with the video.

Please tell me there's a way to fix this. The nVidia, HDHomerun Prime, and big investment in the NAS was all to have a great Plex system.

Answers

• rqcrqc Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've got a very similar setup and I'm experiencing the audio sync drift also.

Rick

• mikeusqmikeusq Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

If you come across any solutions, please post to this thread too. I'd appreciate it very much.

• cylon7cylon7 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 19

I'm having a similar problem. I want to determine if it's the same as the one people in this thread are describing. If not I will start a new thread.

I am only having the audio drift when I play back recordings from a sub channel, that is standard definition. The video seems to slow down, so that the audio gets a little bit ahead. If I rewind the video, just one click, then the problem will go away for a minute or two. My recordings from the main, high definition channels, seem to be fine.

I have a pretty simple setup. I'm using an Nvidia Shield Pro, and an HDHomeRun Extend. I'm saving the DVR recordings to the Shield. The Shield is wired into my router. I have the HDHomeRun's transcoding turned on, I turned it on via the Plex web interface.

Nvidia Shield Pro - HDHomeRun Extend

• mikeusqmikeusq Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

All of my recordings are from the HD channels. The nVidia Shield Pro is my plex server and client for when I watch on TV and through the home theater system. I'm not sure I'm seeing the audio drift when I watch the recordings on my PC through the Plex Web interface or Windows 10 app. I'm DEFINITELY seeing the audio drift while watching on my TV. FWIW, I also have "A/V audio sync" turned on in both my Marantz SR6010 receiver and my LG 4K television settings.

• henrooohenrooo Posts: 22Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm experiencing audio drift watching live TV. I have to change the channel or start and stop live to tv to get the audio back in sync.

Recorded content plays back fine, I only experience audio going out of sync when watching Live TV.

I'm using a Hauppauge WinTV-dual HD connected to a Nvidia Shield PRO. The shield and plex are both running the latest software.

Very frustrating.

• lucijjlucijj Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having audio sync/drift issues with my HDHomeRun Extend. My Plex server is a hefty iMac. Right now, I'm transcoding at the tuner (HDHomeRun) at the highest quality in order to keep the file sizes reasonable. But, I have tried using the iMac to transcode, and get the same issue . . . which surprised me, because . . . that doesn't make sense. Anyone have any ideas?