If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Camera Upload Error, Selected Server Not Available.

cawiebecawiebe Posts: 219Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Latest version on Android and Windows Server.

Only option is to press Ok. Pressing Ok exits the setting and it's impossible to turn off the server setting. This happened previously and only uninstalling and reinstalling corrected it.

Now less than a week later it's doing it again.

Looks like the only way I can clear this error is to uninstall again.

Answers

• cawiebecawiebe Posts: 219Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I should have added this error is displayed when I go into Settings/Camera Upload.

• AgrareAgrare Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same issue. The server I had the camera upload set to use crashed and I needed to reinstall. I just want to change the settings so it looks at my new server. There needs to be a way to turn off Camera upload without reinstalling and loosing all my sync'd content across 4 devices

• Wildfire811Wildfire811 Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same issue as OP, I would really like for the app to let me change the settings anew server and not just exit the camera sync section.

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,208Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

Please provide logs from the mobile app and the server when uploading is supposed to be happening and please provide screenshots of the issue and camera upload settings

For Server Logs
    See
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201643703-Reporting-issues-with-Plex-Media-Server
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200250417-Plex-Media-Server-Log-Files

For Android app logs
    See Email Device Logs
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201573117-Android-Android-TV-and-Fire-TV-Logs
    Email the logs to yourself and then attach with the server logs and any screenshots

Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

• hobesmanhobesman Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 8

I've attached the error screenshot. To explain a little better:
    Open Plex app on android -> Select Menu -> Settings -> Camera Uploads, and before you can do anything, this error message pops up. Selecting OK brings you back to the main Settings menu. The plex server (in my case) no longer exists so there isn't a server log. I want to change it to a new server for camera upload but it won't let me. I've emailed myself the android app logs but it's an entire folder of logs. What should I attach here?

I think the solution is add a second button to the error message: "Change settings" instead of just "OK" and then you can't do anything.

• sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,208Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

@hobesman said:
    I've attached the error screenshot. To explain a little better:
    Open Plex app on android -> Select Menu -> Settings -> Camera Uploads, and before you can do anything, this error message pops up. Selecting OK brings you back to the main Settings menu. The plex server (in my case) no longer exists so there isn't a server log. I want to change it to a new server for camera upload but it won't let me. I've emailed myself the android app logs but it's an entire folder of logs. What should I attach here?

I think the solution is add a second button to the error message: "Change settings" instead of just "OK" and then you can't do anything.

Have you tried turning off camera upload and selecting Restart Camera Upload ?
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/203291097-Set-Up-Camera-Upload-Android-

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows

• camandsamcamandsam Posts: 4Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

How does one turn off the camera upload when the only choice is OK and it kicks you out of camera upload settings?

@camandsam said:
    How does one turn off the camera upload when the only choice is OK and it kicks you out of camera upload settings?

Do you have the Restart Camera Upload setting showing - as in the screenshot on this article
    https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/203291097-Set-Up-Camera-Upload-Android-

If you do, you can try to reset it

If you continue to have problems, please provide screenshots, explain what the issue is and get the Plex for Android logs
    See https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201573117-Android-Android-TV-Fire-TV-Logs

• Eldon McGuinnessEldon McGuinness Posts: 141Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This issue is 100% reproducable, to do it all you need to do is setup a device to sync pictures to a server. Then let it sync a few images over. Once this is done, delete, or possibly shutdown the server, and navigate to the camera upload settings section. You will see a message as described and then be booted out of the camera upload screen.

The only way too fix this is to either bring the server back online or reset the application on the Android device. I recently migrated to a new server and had the exact same issue with all of my Android devices.

Thank you for the information. I am raising this with the development team

• IlyaKolIlyaKol Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Any update on this? Just became a plex user, got plex pass JUST for this and no luck. Running latest version of server and Android app.

@IlyaKol said:
    Any update on this? Just became a plex user, got plex pass JUST for this and no luck. Running latest version of server and Android app.

I do not have an update on this.

The issue as I understand it is that if the selected server is no longer available then you would need to uninstall and re-install the Plex for Android app to setup the link to a different server

• IlyaKolIlyaKol Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@sa2000 said:

@IlyaKol said:

I do not have an update on this.

The issue as I understand it is that if the selected server is no longer available then you would need to uninstall and re-install the Plex for Android app to setup the link to a different server

I can confirm this. I cleared the data for the app on my phone and it's fine now. Thanks!

• t-zonet-zone Posts: 10Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here. Migrated to new server and no longer can configure camera upload. Maybe later I'll un install the app.

• jeevesbondjeevesbond Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+1 for getting this fixed. Just rebuilt my Plex server and hit this bug. That the app won't let the user change the settings is so confusing.

• phil.garver@gmail.comphil.garver@gmail.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

+2 (for two devices in my home with this issue). Is it seriously not fixed?