If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No instructions for new RasPlex (1.8.0) install on my Pi 3

DavidsMediaCenterDavidsMediaCenter Posts: 1Validating Plex Pass

My configuration:
Raspberry Pi 3
SD Card: 16gb

I am a beginner for Linux, Raspberry and Rasplex (just to be honest) I have a Plex media server already installed on my Windows 8 home server but my TV's are not smart TV's so someone said get a Raspberry and there is software available to install. Seemed easy. I have the operating system installed on my Pi3 and opened up the browser (on my Pi) to find the RasPlex page and I downloaded the Linux version. NOW it is asking me Select an Application to install. I looked ALL over the website, Github, and Youtube videos and all instruction are for using another computer to install the software first before putting it in the Pi. I am using the Pi and it's OS to install the Rasplex but can not find any instructions for beginners and/or doing it from the Pi? Please help

Comments

• yesternowyesternow Posts: 108Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited July 18

I don't think you can install RasPlex in Rasbian, RasPlex runs as its own OS so you don't need Rasbian, just install the RasPlex image to an SD card from another computer (running Windows, Mac or Linux) and then boot up your Pi from that. There are installers to do it on the RasPlex web page rasplex.com/get-started/rasplex-installers.html

• videotecaCNSUvideotecaCNSU Posts: 290Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

you can dual boot it, but you cant install it inside raspbian